Mvec on Mitsubishi Lancer evo 9

Bud

Dear all,

i have some question about tunning Mivec system on link 4+ plug in. i have not so much experience about tunning Mivec on link ecu

I have more experience on OEM flash tunning.

when i open base map from link ecu on mivec the ramp is direct (0 at 1000 tr/min  to 27 at 1500tr/min) also axix is TPS by RPM,

If i compare with std ecu tunning axis for mivec is load by rpm and the ramp is more smooth

i join some pictures

can you advice me one good explainantion or your feedback for find good  base map to start tunning and what is the good axis for tunning mivec

thanks in advance for your help

Link ecu mivec.jpg

Mivec map.jpg

A base map is just some basic settings to get the engine started and in most cases allow it to be driven gently, it is not a fully tuned map.  

You can put whatever axes you like on that table, TP is common, but I think MAP makes more sense in most cases assuming MAP is stable and represents engine load well.

As for numbers in the table, the idea is just like tuning the ignition table, your valve timing to achieve maximum torque at each cell.  As you can see even the factory ROM has lots of cells with the same numbers in them so it is not necessary to have so many cells, I always start with a very basic table with a minimum amount of cells, say 1000RPM and 50Kpa increments, then only add more rows and columns if needed.

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

A base map is just some basic settings to get the engine started and in most cases allow it to be driven gently, it is not a fully tuned map.  

You can put whatever axes you like on that table, TP is common, but I think MAP makes more sense in most cases assuming MAP is stable and represents engine load well.

As for numbers in the table, the idea is just like tuning the ignition table, your valve timing to achieve maximum torque at each cell.  As you can see even the factory ROM has lots of cells with the same numbers in them so it is not necessary to have so many cells, I always start with a very basic table with a minimum amount of cells, say 1000RPM and 50Kpa increments, then only add more rows and columns if needed.

Dear Adam

Thanks a lot for your answer

I will start to prepare one with Map axis

On 12/29/2018 at 1:28 PM, Bud said:

Dear Adam

Thanks a lot for your answer

I will start to prepare one with Map axis

It is well worth using the runtimes window (press R when connected) to check the Mivec position is tracking the target from the VVT table as you may find you need to fettle the input settings if it doesn't track/ change. There were a few other minor anomalies with the base map and my UK Evo 9. Nothing too crazy, but spending some time using the "test" feature on the outputs and runtimes window to verify inputs will be time well spent. I also used MGP to scale the axis with RPM as MGP accounts for barometric pressure, but moreover I prefer the scale it offers.

• 2 weeks later...