Wiring

Mike Ma

944’s fire the injectors in pairs. So do we leave that the same or fire them sequentially. Also they have two timing points off the flywheel. One a speed sensor and one marking #1. No cam sensor. So how do I wire the trigger etc. There’s nothing specific to Porsche 944 to help with this. Thank you. I will have to add a MAP sensor as well but that’s not difficult. 

1 hour ago, Mike Ma said:

944’s fire the injectors in pairs. So do we leave that the same or fire them sequentially.

Since you only have a flywheel sensor and no cam sensor you cant do sequential, only multigroup and wasted spark ignition.  So the injectors will be fired in pairs whether you wire them in pairs or individually.  You will also need to confirm they are high impedance injectors.

1 hour ago, Mike Ma said:

Also they have two timing points off the flywheel. One a speed sensor and one marking #1. No cam sensor. So how do I wire the trigger etc.

Assuming yours is the 8V engine that uses 132 ring gear teeth for the main reference, the sensor that measures the 132 teeth goes to trigger 1, the single tooth sensor goes to trigger 2.  Be aware however that this trigger system can be quite difficult - especially as the ring gear teeth get worn.

• 1 month later...