ECT not reading

NMSL

Hi. I've recently rewired a carbed 2L Astra engine with a Link Atom. Before I got to it the Link was only running the ignition. I thought might as well use the ECU so now runs fuel pump, shift light etc. and I connected ECT for fans etc. The issue I'm currently having is the temp reads accurately on the config page when it's not turned on, but when turned on it reads as if open circuit. I have made sure ECU and PC Link up to date, swapped to 2nd temp input and I've ensured the circuit is fine, sensor gounds etc. are ok. Still no go. I don't get why it reads perfect when off but open when on. Kind of at a dead end at the moment. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

When its off (no etc input assigned), it just defaults to a fixed value. I can’t remember exactly what but 80-90C from memory.  Temporarily set the   error low to 0v and the error high to 5V to prevent the fault settings having an influence.  To check the wiring is ok, if you unplug the sensor it should read full cold, then if you jumper the two wires together it should read maximum temp.

Thanks Adamw. When its not assigned the value rises with the engine temp accurately on the reading at the bottom of the config page. If I go to tables page ot reads 90. When you turn it on it reads -50. And yeah been through wiring checks. I wondered if it could be a faulty pull up internal to the ECU for the temp inputs.

Sorry, I thought I had the MAP saved but I can't find it, and I don't have the car. I will try get to the car to save a copy. Is there anything I should look out for? I have contemplated swapping the sensor but as it reads when off I can't see why it would be that. Or when the input is off does the pull up not have an output and the sensor is just too lower resistance? Its the factory sensor which is Bosch. Cheers

There is absolutely no way the ecu can get a valid temp reading if there is no ect input assigned.  So you’re either mixed up looking at something else or you have two temp inputs assigned as ect, so when you turn one off the other one starts working.