Engine hesitation after retuning

namre

I also think it is not only idle ignition that is your problem.  In a couple of places in your log the RPM is bouncing around due to the throttle, the ignition timing is steady.  I think this is because you have quite an aggressive (looks like 1:1) AP/TP target.  So this makes your throttle very sensitive initially and just a little bounce on your foot sets it off.  I would try taming the TP target table down a little bit, especially the first say 10% of pedal movement.

Try something more along these lines and tweak the numbers from there

It will be most beneficial if you start by tuning the idle up with this turned off and use the base position and the block of timing in the idle area first. In your earlier logs it was happy at 15* meeting your target idle. The 26* or whatever it was in tuners basemap is quite uncommon and it might help if you start over.

ign 1.JPG

IIC.JPG

On 1/24/2019 at 4:02 AM, Adamw said:

I also think it is not only idle ignition that is your problem.  In a couple of places in your log the RPM is bouncing around due to the throttle, the ignition timing is steady.  I think this is because you have quite an aggressive (looks like 1:1) AP/TP target.  So this makes your throttle very sensitive initially and just a little bounce on your foot sets it off.  I would try taming the TP target table down a little bit, especially the first say 10% of pedal movement.

decreasing ethrottle target helped a lot. it was not 1 to 1 but i decreased it anyway. it decreased the bucking to an acceptable level. thanks for this.

On 1/25/2019 at 11:17 PM, Rob W said:

Try something more along these lines and tweak the numbers from there

It will be most beneficial if you start by tuning the idle up with this turned off and use the base position and the block of timing in the idle area first. In your earlier logs it was happy at 15* meeting your target idle. The 26* or whatever it was in tuners basemap is quite uncommon and it might help if you start over.

ign 1.JPG

IIC.JPG

yeah i also believe that it's happy at 15*. i have already tried to change the idle area as you also suggested but this time it moved the problem to 1250-1500 rpm range. i realized that same thing happened at 1250-1500 area as the timing increases a lot. may be i need to retune timing in the rows of 40 and 60 kpa to make smooth increases and decreases but i am not actually confident about that. i need to find a way to interpolate the timing according to new values but i have no idea about that. any suggestions appreciated. does flatting the two rows make any sense? i know this will cause an extreme loss of torque in that are but high rpms are not actually used at 40-60 kpa usually.