S5 13Bt Trailing ignition problem

Simon-AE86

Hello all 

I have a monsoon wire in on a s5 13bt using the stock mazda coils. Set up in Leading-Wasted mode and im having issues with the trailing coils. 

Ign 1 is wired to the Leading wasted coil, this works fine. 

Ign 2 and 3 are wired to the Ign inputs on the Trailing coil. when conducting the Ignition test i can only get one trailing coil to work. however if i turn both on, the coil that works switches side from T1 to T2. Im 99.9% sure that the igniter is wired correctly as theres 4 wires, the two not used are tacho and ignition confirmation. leaving me two triggers for T1 and T2. 

All signs point towards a faulty igniter... but just wanted to check in case i'm missing something stupid. 

Are you using the stock S5 igniter? 

If so this functions slightly differently to a conventional igniter and has a toggle pin that controls which coils will fire. It is not supported by us and the solution would be to change to a S6-8 setup or a standard 3 channel Bosch or equivalent igniter.

12 hours ago, Simon said:

Are you using the stock S5 igniter? 

If so this functions slightly differently to a conventional igniter and has a toggle pin that controls which coils will fire. It is not supported by us and the solution would be to change to a S6-8 setup or a standard 3 channel Bosch or equivalent igniter.

Yeah i am. 

Just did some research on the mazda igniter,. seems the select channel controls which coil to fire via a 0v to 5v change and a 5v to 0v change in state. So i can see why Link wouldnt be able to do it. 

I guess LS1 coils are going to be the go then.