Plex uSDM 102 Pro on Vipec v44

paulr33

The Vipec v44 and possibly other models require math computation on some of the values so they are displayed properly, so for example temperature is offset by +50 so you need to tell the display this logic otherwise your airtemp will show as 80deg when it’s actually 30.

the plex uSDM 102 Pro does this via a feature “math channels” but the function is used for more advanced logic such as showing average of two sensors, using cosine, log etc I.e averages of two EGT probes to be shown as a single value or used for alarms on the display.

The software for the plex uSDM 100 and 102 Pro both allow the user to configure an “offset” for every sensor value in the CAN packet so you can say airtemp is airtemp with an offset of -50 thereby solving the wrong values issue.

the offset feature is different to the “math channels” so it looks like on the 100 Pro you can run this on a Vipec v44 and use the offsets to do all the calculations and therefore you don’t HAVE to buy the 102 pro version purely for the “math channels” function.

in summary you can go for the cheaper option if required. Wish I had of known that when I ordered mine :(

• 3 weeks later...