Boost Control

Celica GTE

Yes, the wastegate solenoid is connected to the ECU so boost can be manipulated by the ECU and it is user configurable assuming your tune is not password protected.

However, you cant just go and blindly adjust the boost settings unless you know the engine has been tuned at that specific boost you are going to run.  Also, it will unlikely just be a matter of changing a single "boost target" number, more likely it will be a 3D table with duty cycle numbers in it so you will need a pretty good understanding of how it all works before you touch anything.

I did obtain the unlock code but I have not installed the ecu yet. I have a few more items to get before that and dyno. I just want to be sure I can change it via a tablet with the Link software. Theoretically I would like 3 boost settings. Two for 93 pump, low/high then one for E85. Is that possible?  Thanks for the response. 

You can certainly have 3 completely different boost tables, however If you are talking about actually swapping boost tables using a button on the tablet screen then no.  You would normally wire a switch to the ecu to do that.   

• 2 months later...

Regarding your last answer Adam, maybe you could add the feature of switching map tables (or other inputs) from the user interface to the wish list? For those who have installed a tablet with PCLink inside the car it would make more sense to be able to "simulate" switch actions from the software, rather than wiring and installing mechanical switches to do the same thing. I guess a generic approach where all digital inputs might be assigned to a "software user interface panel" would be worth considering. Just a suggestion to improve an otherwise very good system / software.

Best regards,

Florin

On 4/5/2019 at 11:32 AM, dynoiasi said:

Regarding your last answer Adam, maybe you could add the feature of switching map tables (or other inputs) from the user interface to the wish list? For those who have installed a tablet with PCLink inside the car it would make more sense to be able to "simulate" switch actions from the software, rather than wiring and installing mechanical switches to do the same thing. I guess a generic approach where all digital inputs might be assigned to a "software user interface panel" would be worth considering. Just a suggestion to improve an otherwise very good system / software.

Best regards,

Florin

I would very much like this.

I would as well.  I am not savvy with wiring but I guess this is something I would have to get my tuner to do.  However would I need a switch for each boost target?  Or just 1 switch that can give me all 3 boost targets/tables?  And does this mean I would have to hit this switch every time I want a different boost level?

18 minutes ago, Celica GTE said:

However would I need a switch for each boost target?  Or just 1 switch that can give me all 3 boost targets/tables?

It would need to be a 3 position switch if you want to swap between 3 different tables by switch.

19 minutes ago, Celica GTE said:

And does this mean I would have to hit this switch every time I want a different boost level?

It depends what you are trying to achieve.  Obviously the ECU has to have some instruction when you want to change.  Virtual auxes are pretty powerful also - you can for instance switch boost tables automatically based on gear or wheel slip or EGT or pretty much whatever else you can dream up.