Jo LeForce

AIM MXS 1.2 Strada settings

Hi,

I can't seem to have a new plugin Evo8 G4+ to communicate with an AIM MXS 1.2 Strada dash! I connected both the CAN1- & CAN1+ wires to pins 2 & 3 on CAN1/RS232 on the main board. Can someone please list the steps need to configure this under CAN setup in PC-LINK & in the AIM RaceStudio?

For the dash set up it is relatively self-explanatory I think.  You want to choose the ECU stream in the Link category called "CAN_BUS_BASE_LCC" hopefully you will find your way to that based on my pic below.  After you have selected that make sure the little check box for enable 120ohm resistor is checked.  

2duwehl.png

Okay, everything worked fine as per your instructions :) If I had known about the Link branded Strada I would have purchased it from Link along with the ECU.

Thanks Adam

On 1/22/2019 at 2:33 AM, Adamw said:

For the dash set up it is relatively self-explanatory I think.  You want to choose the ECU stream in the Link category called "CAN_BUS_BASE_LCC" hopefully you will find your way to that based on my pic below.  After you have selected that make sure the little check box for enable 120ohm resistor is checked.  

2duwehl.png

I see all those Custom CAN setups. Is there a way to add ethanol % to included?

I just picked up a used MXS Strada but it's not the 1.2 version. Is the setup still the same process or are there some differences between the 2 versions? I'll be using it with the Mini Link G4+.

1 hour ago, Narvarr said:

I just picked up a used MXS Strada but it's not the 1.2 version. Is the setup still the same process or are there some differences between the 2 versions? I'll be using it with the Mini Link G4+.

Pretty much the same.

12 minutes ago, Grant Baker said:

The MXS has a default CAN ID of 1000.

Out of interest... What if you have a CAN Lambda and MXS on the same CAN Module? Both have an ID of 1000.

The dash uses ID1000, the CAN lambda assigned to Lambda 1 uses ID950, lambda 2 uses ID951, etc

27 minutes ago, Grant Baker said:

The MXS has a default CAN ID of 1000.

Out of interest... What if you have a CAN Lambda and MXS on the same CAN Module? Both have an ID of 1000.

The CAN Lambda has a default ID of 950, PCLink defaults to setting it up on 1000, but you can change that and it wont take effect until the next reboot of the Lambda, just dont use 1000 or 958.

1 minute ago, ClintBHP said:

The CAN Lambda has a default ID of 950, PCLink defaults to setting it up on 1000, but you can change that and it wont take effect until the next reboot of the Lambda, just dont use 950 or 958.

Yeah - just realised we have a spurious CAN Lambda which has(had) and ID of 1000, which genuinely threw me for a bit!

19 minutes ago, ClintBHP said:

The CAN Lambda has a default ID of 950, PCLink defaults to setting it up on 1000, but you can change that and it wont take effect until the next reboot of the Lambda, just dont use 1000 or 958.

The ID for the Link CAN lambda is hardcoded in the ECU firmware.  All you need to do is choose "Link CAN Lambda" from the mode drop down, you do not need to enter the correct ID and the ID is ignored.  This is done so you can have up to 8 lambda's all coming in on the same "channel", you dont need to assign a seperate channel/ID for each one.

21 minutes ago, Grant Baker said:

Yeah - just realised we have a spurious CAN Lambda which has(had) and ID of 1000, which genuinely threw me for a bit!

I dont think so.  They can only be programmed for 950-958.  

The confusion comes from changing a base map to Link CAN Lambda as the ID overhangs from the base setting, would make sense to get PCLink to inherit the correct ID when the settings are changed.

The default ID is 950.

Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 20.42.59.png