Oil Temp with External Pullup

AlexSavv

Hi guys, sorry for the noob post but..

I’m wiring an oil temp sensor to my Monsoon using a spare AN Volt channel set as GP Temp (external pull-up)

Im using a 2 pin temp sensor from EFI parts,  https://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=125

I have wire the sensor in the following way: 5v (with external 1k ohm pull-up) and AN Volt 4 to one pin... sensor ground to the other pin. 

Ecu is giving me a fault code saying AN4 at 5v... 

any ideas what I’m doing wrong? 

Your wiring sounds correct from your description.  The 5v error usually means there is no sensor connected/open circuit.  I would start by unplugging the main ecu connector and measure resistance between the sensor ground and the analog volt pin, according to their data sheet you should see about 800ohms (@20deg C) if wiring and sensor is good.

On 2/3/2019 at 12:45 AM, Adamw said:

Your wiring sounds correct from your description.  The 5v error usually means there is no sensor connected/open circuit.  I would start by unplugging the main ecu connector and measure resistance between the sensor ground and the analog volt pin, according to their data sheet you should see about 800ohms (@20deg C) if wiring and sensor is good.

Cheers Adam, have sent you a message also :)