Newby

Ellsa

Hey guys ordered my link for my built gc8 impreza I’m hoping to be able to learn how to tune it myself I’ve built every part of the car now I wana mess with its brain (when arrives)  is the link easy to work with ? 

Hello. I'm trying tomapping my first link ecu. 

I can say that it's a very complet product and technical assistance is very fast reliable and friendly. 

I live in Italy and for me is easiest to talk with link's assistance instead Magneti Marelli or Mectronic.

I saw for your car there are many basemap. 

Well many subarus have been built around the same sort of spec so hopefully someone on here may have a good map I can use and adjust accordingly , yeah I have a link dealer on my doorstep but unfortunately the mapper has just moved to another tuning company miles away so I'm hoping to understand it and be able to manipulate my car myself without having to pay someone 

I highly recommend some basic training in EFI fundamentals to start with.  No matter how easy an ECU is to use you still really need a good understanding of the fundamentals of tuning to end up with a tune that is done right and based on sound tuning decisions.

There are various vendors around that offer online training for relatively low cost, have a look at something like this:  https://www.hpacademy.com/courses/efi-tuning-fundamentals/