AIM MXS Strada Alarm setup

Narvarr

I'm setting up the alarms on my MXS and was wondering if anyone has been able to get the dash to display ECU fault codes? Below is a picture of how I have it setup currently, but I'm not sure if it's the correct way to do it.

IMG_20190212_134924.jpg

So, my next hurdle, is setting up the turn signals, headlight/high beam indicator, ETC. Problem is, all these indicator lights are controlled by factory CAN bus, not analog control. I contacted AIM and they said it can be read through the CAN2 Stream but I would have to make a custom stream through the CAN driver builder. Does LINK keep a database of the CAN protocol for each vehicle they make Plug in ECU's for? I'm using the Mini Link G4+ unit.

We do keep CAN info for the cars we support, but generally the only stuff we reverse engineer is data that is received or transmitted by the engine ECU.  All the stuff you mention here is more commonly body control functionality so we dont spend much time looking for it.   We do have a "headlight on" and "DSC Status" message in our notes but It looks like that is from the instrument cluster to the ecu so Im not sure if this will work for you.  I have no idea about the others.  Attached file you can try.

BMW_Mini Dash_@20190214_070815_005969.xc1

• 5 months later...
On 2/14/2019 at 1:15 AM, Adamw said:

We do keep CAN info for the cars we support, but generally the only stuff we reverse engineer is data that is received or transmitted by the engine ECU.  All the stuff you mention here is more commonly body control functionality so we dont spend much time looking for it.   We do have a "headlight on" and "DSC Status" message in our notes but It looks like that is from the instrument cluster to the ecu so Im not sure if this will work for you.  I have no idea about the others.  Attached file you can try.

BMW_Mini Dash_@20190214_070815_005969.xc1

So the headlight message definitely works, and scouring the Internet, I found this one...any idea how would I set this up for the blinker?

Screenshot_20190722-011226.jpg