Expanded CAN bus IO Functions

barge

Specifically I'm currently running a custom CAN based fuel pump controller. I can send the duty cycle over CAN but if I remove the fuel pump output I lose the duty cycle value.

In general expanded ability to map inputs and outputs to CAN would be nice. Radiator fan control, PWM, etc etc.

I haven't tried everything yet so i'm sure i've missed some stuff.

• 2 years later...
29 minutes ago, Adamw said:

The original post would have been related to G4+, all of what he requested is now possible in G4X.  

What is the limitation with pressure or temp sensors?  

What I was referring to more is his "In general expanded ability to map inputs and outputs to CAN would be nice. Radiator fan control, PWM, etc etc. " section.

With regards to pressure and temp sensors I mean that in the GP Temp inputs, CAN TC inputs are not available as source, so I have to go trough a Math block as Math blocks have CAN TC available as source. Pressure sensor wise I was wrong, sorry, I did not remember well, but even in that section, some more CAN AN inputs would be nice to have.

I know I am the odd man out, but I am a sensor freak, if that makes sense, and I am running out of inputs (and CAN streams) as I am using all sorts of pressure and temp sensors, including EGT, eMAP in multiple locations of the exhaust stream or multiple air temp sensors pre turbo, post turbo and post IC, just to name a few.

11 hours ago, Rozsko said:

What I was referring to more is his "In general expanded ability to map inputs and outputs to CAN would be nice. Radiator fan control, PWM, etc etc. " section.

That is all now possible in G4X.  Assign CAN aux to any function and you can send CAN aux frequency, duty and status.  

11 hours ago, Rozsko said:

With regards to pressure and temp sensors I mean that in the GP Temp inputs, CAN TC inputs are not available as source, so I have to go trough a Math block as Math blocks have CAN TC available as source.

CAN TC inputs are designed for EGT's from an EGT amp, why would you need to assign an EGT to a GP temp?  The CAN AN channels are designed for GP use.

14 hours ago, Adamw said:

That is all now possible in G4X.  Assign CAN aux to any function and you can send CAN aux frequency, duty and status. 

Understood.

14 hours ago, Adamw said:

CAN TC inputs are designed for EGT's from an EGT amp, why would you need to assign an EGT to a GP temp?  The CAN AN channels are designed for GP use.

I can understand that, though in my case not only EGT sensors, but air temp sensors are also configured to be CAN TC, since there is not enough AN channels for all the pressure and temp sensors in my case. As I said, I understand I am the odd man out, yet, it would be nice either to have CAN TCs available as source in GP inputs, or to have more CAN AN channels.