Usav8or

BMW E30 M20 Trigger setup

There is no signal showing on trig 2.  What sensor did you get - the VR one or the hall one?  

Edit; actually just noticed the v/div is set to 20V, that is going to make it hard to see.  These normally get set to something appropriate when you hit the capture button but it doesnt look right in this case.  If you change the v/div to say 1V after capture does it then show anything?

3 minutes ago, Adamw said:

There is no signal showing on trig 2.  What sensor did you get - the VR one or the hall one?

I think it was early in the day and before we got the timing sorted out. We were getting a better signal on it later. Is this the correct polarity?  Both are reluctor-type sensors. 

37 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Edit; actually just noticed the v/div is set to 20V, that is going to make it hard to see.  These normally get set to something appropriate when you hit the capture button but it doesnt look right in this case.  If you change the v/div to say 1V after capture does it then show anything?

It does, I just don't have a picture of it. The guy who did the woring harmess and is more familliar with all of this showed me a picture/screenshot of it. 

You must be trying to run full sequential set up on this m20? Just lurking , I have the same setup as you but also turbo . 

I went with MSPNP and I'm now doing research for a different ECU. 

Ok, the coils work fine and the engine will run, but the base fuel table (fuel table 1) is off. I have independant throttle bodies so the load axis is set to TP (main) and it might run at a very low idle and eventually dies. If I change the load axis to MGP the engine starts and immediately revs up to the 3000 rpm rev limit protection threshold I setup. What part am I missing, I thought the program gathered all the engine parameters and gave you numbers you could start with???

5 hours ago, Usav8or said:

What part am I missing, I thought the program gathered all the engine parameters and gave you numbers you could start with???

Your fuel table will still need correct numbers in it.  Attach your tune and I can possibly have a guess at a reasonable starting point.