WRX7-9 Plugin ECU Wiring Diagramms

Alex Deyth

Hello, i'm currently rewiring my Impreza, i have a WRX7-9 E-throttle Plugin ECU.
I have some problems with the pinout in the PClink software, i dont find the power pin for the ecu.
Link Help says +14V on E-4 and GND on E-5
The workshop manual says E-4/E-5 is related to TGV.

For ecu power pin is from D-2/D-3 for main +12V, D-10 for backup power and a wake up signal from A-14.
I think manual is right and Link help have some errors and omissions.

I need a correct version of the ecu pinout with everything (like the wiring pinout version in help)

Thanks

Alex
PS: sorry for bad english
PS2 : I do not buy the wirein version because at the time of the purchase I did not think to redo the wiring

E4 & E5 are probably labelled a bit wrong but they are 14V and gnd to the TGV.

+14V pins are D2, D3, E4, E6, E10 & E17.

Power gnd pins are A7, A15, A22, E5, E11, C8, C17, C18, D8, D9.

Sensor grounds are on B10, B11, B19, B21, B22, B26, E3, E7, E8, E14, E15, D18, 

The Ign switch signal can be on either Pin A5 or A14 depending on model .

Our ECU does not use the back up power wire.

• 3 years later...
On 3/10/2019 at 7:58 PM, Alex Deyth said:

Thanks Adam, what pin need to be wired to +14v to power the ecu ? D2-D3 to +14v and C17-A22 to gnd ?
other pin are for powering something, like solenoids,etc right ?

there is two Aux7 listed on C15/C16, who is who ?

Did you ever get an answer to this mate? Currently working on my EZ30 swapped Liberty with this ECU and my fuel pump relay is wired to C-16, but it's apparently Aux 7 which doesn't turn it off

C15 & 16 are connected together and both are connected to Aux 7.  This is because the STI has the fuel pump connected to C15 whereas the std WRX pump is connected to C16.

If your fuel pump doesnt turn off that means your fuel pump relay coil must be "hot fed" (live all the time), this will cause a back feed when the ecu is off.  Anything that is connected to an Aux output must be supplied by an ignition switched 12V supply, not constant 12V.  So you will either have to rewire the supply to that relay, or if you have a spare ignition drive or injector drive then you could use one of those instead of aux 7 as they cant backfeed.  

3thYZpv.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 10:47 PM, Adamw said:

C15 & 16 are connected together and both are connected to Aux 7.  This is because the STI has the fuel pump connected to C15 whereas the std WRX pump is connected to C16.

If your fuel pump doesnt turn off that means your fuel pump relay coil must be "hot fed" (live all the time), this will cause a back feed when the ecu is off.  Anything that is connected to an Aux output must be supplied by an ignition switched 12V supply, not constant 12V.  So you will either have to rewire the supply to that relay, or if you have a spare ignition drive or injector drive then you could use one of those instead of aux 7 as they cant backfeed.  

3thYZpv.png

Thanks Adam, I ended up rewiring it and making it work. Good to know, appreciate the insight.