Feature request: GP PID PWM

Scott33

It'd be great if the GP PWM feature could be further expanded to support PID feedback control.  So configuration would include things like:

1. Target map (2 or 3d map taking analog or canbus inputs and mapping them to a target value)

2. Current value (which analog input represents the current value)

3. P, I, D parameters

4. PWM frequency (assuming the PID loop is tuning the duty cycle)

5. Base duty cycle (2 or 3d map taking analog or canbus inputs and mapping them to an estimated duty cycle, in order to reduce the error the PID algorithm needs to compensate)

I'm sure other parameters could be added too, but that would be a great start.  With that, I could control the oil pressure on a BMW N20 engine (it has a solenoid that can be used to change the efficiency of the oil pump so one can reduce oil pressure).  Without this the motor falls back to a mechanical fail safe relief valve.

If it was feature-ful enough (ability to add extra maps as modifiers, either through addition or multiplication) then you could probably remove Boost Control as a separately defined function and just rely on this instead.

True (though I'd use oil temp, not engine temp, in order to compensate for the change in oil viscosity).  It'd just be nicer to have pid capabilities available in a generic way. 

What do you control with that output?  Water pump speed, or thermostat heater?