Jump to content
M1tch

Does my AFR table look ok?

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Just doing a bit more tuning on my NA 1zz, idle MAP is at around 30-35 so I am aiming for an Lambda of 1, full vacuum is obviously 100 - car is currently not boosted so won't be using any MAP value above 100 at the moment. I have it current set to aim for around 13.5:1 top end, might look to richen it up slightly 12.5:1 - perhaps using a basemap for the 350z as an option. What does everyone think?

Current

image.png.1bc1790b4911bb519356acff0054e57f.png

Basemap for 350Z:

image.png.6499a9da6897b4969905bf31c518bf39.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 350Z table is definitely more suitable than your one.  For the WOT row, usually around 0.86-0.89 lambda will be about right for an engine like this.  For idle, some engines are happier slightly richer than stoich - just try it a bit either side of 1.0 to see where it is happiest.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Adamw said:

The 350Z table is definitely more suitable than your one.  For the WOT row, usually around 0.86-0.89 lambda will be about right for an engine like this.  For idle, some engines are happier slightly richer than stoich - just try it a bit either side of 1.0 to see where it is happiest.  

Thanks for that, yeah I grabbed the 350z table combined with one of the Toyota VVTi inlet target tables as well based on TP, just taken the car out for a drive and just checking the logs now. I noticed/could hear what I think is a bit of pinging on cruise at low load, fueling seems to be about right so might need to retard the ignition slightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 6:27 AM, M1tch said:

Thanks for that, yeah I grabbed the 350z table combined with one of the Toyota VVTi inlet target tables as well based on TP, just taken the car out for a drive and just checking the logs now. I noticed/could hear what I think is a bit of pinging on cruise at low load, fueling seems to be about right so might need to retard the ignition slightly.

if you here what could be detonation is better to drop not a few but a lot of degree lets say 5-7 to be sure that thats the cause or that is what you are hearing.

 

I have found that the same engine in different places like different lambdas (k20A engines), so I would say that play safe like Adamw recomend you and then on the dyno try leaing the fuelmap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rossobianconero said:

if you here what could be detonation is better to drop not a few but a lot of degree lets say 5-7 to be sure that thats the cause or that is what you are hearing.

 

I have found that the same engine in different places like different lambdas (k20A engines), so I would say that play safe like Adamw recomend you and then on the dyno try leaing the fuelmap.

I have gone into the map and pulled timing in that cruise cell - think it was up at something like 35, have dropped it to 28 as per the cell next to it, will also see if I can log the knock next time I am out and driving - its only got a narrowband OEM sensor but will see what the knock is like. Its a 79mm bore so going with the 7KHz option. Will be swapping to a better Bosch 'wideband' knock sensor at some point, but its impossible to get to the stock sensor with the engine in the car.

Might look to change the ignition table further by using one of the basemap files - the car is running on V power so knock should be under control slightly better than say 95.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...