PClink software slow and lagging on connection

STY

This is more aimed at the IT savvy bunch in here.

I have read a few times that this is caused by display drivers being updated but i think this needs to be reviewed again.
Was running an XPS 13 that always had a slight delay when loading the software or searching a parameter which i could live with.

I've just replaced that with a HP x360 Elitebook i7 8650, 16GB SSD etc.. and the software is now nearly unusable.
machine is well over spec'd for the task (IT by profession)

Loading the software just hangs for 1-2 minutes with no Activity on Disk, Ram or CPU

connecting to the ECU takes 10-15 seconds then it will lag for a minute before the software responds correctly (Actual connection is fine and runs at full speed, its just the gauges etc are stuck for a long time)

once connected and the software is working, it works fine, except if you try to add a parameter, waiting for the list to redraw when you type say "fuel" will take upwards of 30 seconds, 10 seconds or so per refresh
e.g. type FUEL and it will Redraw and load parameters for F then another 10 seconds and it will redraw and load Parameters for FU, etc. when you're at the track trying to troubleshoot an issue between sessions, this is a killer. 

Has anyone found a resolution?
I only run 1920x108 so not an issue with 4K or anything like that.
the old lappy was only an I5 with all around less specs and it performed better, if it wasnt stolen i would just keep using it.

I suspect an issue with drivers for Display and the common theme so far i have found is Intel UHD Chipset.

If anyone else has the issue it would be great to start to narrow it down a bit so the Developers can troubleshoot further!
im going to dig up an old crappy lappy and see what that acts like.

p.s. this is both of the latest versions of PClink

47 minutes ago, JMP said:

have you tried setting display scaling to 100%?

JP you wizard!
i did just try setting my system Scaling to 100% but still no good, so i started playing around with the Compatibility settings for the EXE and doing it there seems to fix the issue! 

strange that the more powerful the machine the slower it goes?
i just loaded it up on an old IBM and same issue but nowhere near as bad, and setting scaling to 100% fixed it there too.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has laggy software as I posted a comment a while ago about my issues... my laptop is pretty high spec and came with cortana.  When switching this feature off, PCLink performance issues went away!  I have not exhaustively proven this theory, but my laptop has been fine since...

Ref:

• 2 years later...

I had a similar issue.  When i open up the software it was really slow on my laptop.  I have a very new laptop so this shouldn't happen.  Going between menus was painful.  I decided to open the app as admin and it was much quicker.  I suspect since it needs to interact with the drivers it needs to be elevated.

So what you can do is browse to the exe and right click and choose properties.  Under Compatibility select run this program as an administrator