Resistance sensitive gear position sensor

None2

Hi! 

I have a Suzuki gsxr 1000 turbo with a oem gear position sensor, the output is unfortunately in resistance/ohm. I would like to have a gear position sensor to adapt the boost level depending on the gear selection.

The problem is that the gear position option is only enabled in a AN volt input channel. 

I think most bikes have this type of sensor, would it be possible to enable gear option to the temperature inputs? 

I haven't found any good suggestions for converting a resistance signal to a voltage signal. 

I'm running a Link Fury G4+ 

Yep works fine on my busa 
After the first few uses i changed my voltages slightly 

v tolerance .40

1   1.5

N   0.3

2    2.0

3   2.74

4   3.40

5   4.2

6   4.6   

Indicated gear and boost control by gear was very stable after doing this , if your gsxr is an earlier model ,( like pre 08 i think) be better changing to the the later GPS, it  has better brass connections than the earlier which uses the spring loaded pins in the shift drum 

OEM pink wire is pull up resistored 5v   same as diagram in Adams link , the diagram differs from OEM in the N circuit , its not supplied from the resistored wire, but from the N light and start solenoid 
N wire would read 12v, its coming from the gauge light and start solenoid 
good diagram here https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiTuP7qoLbhAhXUR30KHShfANYQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hayabusa.org%2Fforum%2Fthreads%2Fhow-does-the-gear-sensor-work.101674%2F&psig=AOvVaw0kq8sY_fHJc9DY01ReCZeB&ust=1554461055687227 

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally got it right, I used a oem 5v supply as in the diagram. 

The big issue for me was to get my head around how the diagram solved the neutral light. But it didn't so I wired it to and auxiliary output with low side activation. 

Just received my quickshifter so now I can enjoy boost by gear and full throttle up shifting. 

Thanks for the explanations you made:)