Can Lambda Error 24

Patches

Hi I have a Link Atom with the CAN Lambda module and have been getting error 24.

When I first fitted this a year ago I used the A/C relay since the A/C was removed to power the CAN Lambda module, it was only in winter I realised this relay was turned off when the heaters came on. I had been driving the car a bit like this, well aware that I was risking the sensor dying when switching the heaters on and cutting the modules power.

I recently fixed the wiring on the relay so the heaters no longer cut the power to the relay but I've found since then the lambda signal reads fully lean when driving. I replaced the module ground as it was looking quite strained as I thought this could have been the issue but I'm still getting the Error 24.

I've got a new sensor on the way but just like to confirm this is the issue before fitting the new sensor.

The attached log file shows a hot start, CAN Lambda reads fine then once I get moving it goes lean. Car drives fine and the fuel map below 3500rpm and 110kpa is tuned.

Let me know if you need any more info from me.

can-lambda-error-24.llg StarletEP91-basemap.pclr

New sensor has arrived, would just like if someone at Link can confirm if the issue looks like a faulty sensor due to my improper use or whether it's an issue with the CAN Lambda before I fit the new sensor.

Error 24 - Internal Error - Contact Link Technical Support

Thanks

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

I would be suspicious of the sensor with that error.  Error 24 means the pump current has gone outside of the range expected.

Great, I'll double check all my wiring and swap the new one in.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...