Gear shift control - questions

kpbruka

So I started setting up some gear shift control on my 350z and ran across a few things I had questions about:

- TP low Lockout - Does this change both upshift and downshift? I was hoping to have the driven upshift activate at above 50% throttle but was wondering if that would in turn disable the downshift blip?

- I did a test run with some settings and found during the downshift blips the Throttle was very sporadic and I ran into a CEL and stated E-throttle 1 TP / Target Error.

I attached the log I mentioned, at 2:30 you can see where it has an issue.

Any thoughts what may have caused that?

March 29 -throttle derp.llg

Yes the TP low lockout does lockout both up and downshift, I'm not sure why it couldnt work as you say with the TP low lockout only affecting upshift but I havent thought that through in great detail.  

Your other problem appears to be due to the throttle PID, it appears to go unstable and get a rapid oscillation during some quick blips.  You will have to try to tune some of that out.

swyRoFo.png

As always thanks for the fast reply!

So could the speed of the auto blip might be why I haven't seen this oscillation before during typical use?

I have attached the current throttle settings, I believe they are still the stock settings.I'm a bit new to PID settings and the recommended procedure for dialing them in. Are there any simple tips to get going in the right direction?

E-throttle is also currently in open loop mode.

ethrottle.png

It would pay to check the throttle calibration as the TP main and Sub look to be offset by 2.5% at idle which is Not ideal.

As an initial start I would back of the Proportional gain to 6