2 step/trans brake launch control

434josh

I searched a bit and didn't see many questions asked about trans brake boost building setups. 

I have a turbo v8 with a 2 speed powerglide. I am using Launch Control settings as a 2 step which works but I can't seem to get the RPM I desire. I have it setup for 4000 rpm with a control range of 200 hoping to see 3600-3800 on the brake but I am only getting 3200 creeping to 3400 as I hit 6-8 psi of boost. Not sure if I am pulling too much timing too soon, if my overall settings are incorrect or if its a complication because I am using DBW. I did notice one of the logs the TPS was moving a bit but I didn't look at APPS to see if it matched or not. The log never shows launch limit as active. 

Is launch control the right item to use or should I be using anti-lag for this? I came from a Megasquirt ecu and it had Launch Control as well as a separate 2 step feature for what I am trying to do and it hit the mark right off the bat. 

Here is the tune. I can't upload the log as its 700kb+. Can I compress it or save a smaller section of it?

Ford 363plus ve smooth.pclr

You are correct, launch control would typically be what you use for drag racing "two step" functionality. 

If there is no cut being applied and the RPM hasnt reached the target then the only two things holding it back could be retard or the convertor.  You can work out which is the problem by setting the retard to 0 then if it still doesnt reach the limiter with no retard then it can only be due to the converter.  I dont see any problem with your DBW setup.

9 hours ago, 434josh said:

Here is the tune. I can't upload the log as its 700kb+. Can I compress it or save a smaller section of it?

The forum may accept it if you zip it up otherwise use a file sharing drive like dropbox, google drive or onedrive.