AnWaRi996

Subaru 6 wire IACV to 3 wire

Hey guys, I've just purchased a WRXLINK 6+ for my MY99 WRX, but i've swapped in an EJ207 from a 2003 STi. The issue I'm facing is that the new throttle body has a 3 wire idle control valve, but the wiring I have is for the 6 wire stepper valve. I'm just wondering if i can just use the positive, negative, and one of the signal wires (I'm assuming there's 4, so I'd not use the other 3 wires) and just get the Link ECU tuned as a 3 wire IACV?

The old throttle body doesn't fit so reusing the 6 wire valve is out of the question, and I'd much rather use the 3 wire if possible anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Be easier just to use your current intake manifold and parts.

And the stepper motor is not a positive and negative. But yes you will need to source a positive and negative, and configure a PWM output wire from the ecu to the 3 wire if you must change to it.

The late Subaru 3 wire valves are not like the old school type that have one pin for open and one for close.  The 3 wires are just 12v, gnd & signal.  There will be 12v available there already from the old valve and you can use any one of the existing aux wires, just a ground will be needed.