Link Thunder on BBC Trigger Cam Sync???

exileperformance

I'm making some changes on my drag car and want to do it in a few steps. Currently it is an NA carbed tunnel ram setup with MSD 7al ignition. I'm hoping to switch and use the Thunder ecu to control ignition and take care of the data logging for now and then eventually evolve it into a fuel injected forced induction deal. I'm planning on using the Holley 36-1 Crank trigger( https://www.holley.com/products/ignition/crank_triggers/crank_trigger_kits/parts/556-113 ) Along with the MSD Cam Sync (https://www.holley.com/products/ignition/distributors/cam_sync/parts/85141) and a set of LS Truck coils for now. Is there anything else I would need to get this fired up using the Thunder to control the Ignition? I do plan to add several other sensors but is that all I would need to get it up and running and is there better options out there for Crank Triggers and Cam Syncs? Thanks for any help.

Yes, the linked 36-1 and a cam sync will be a great option.  They would be the bare necessities to get ignition only (you could even do wasted spark without the sync).  If you added a TPS you could do full 3D ignition and idle ignition control which can make a decent improvement from a drivability perspective if it is road driven.

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping to fire this up tonight or tomorrow!!! I ended up using the Holley crank trigger, Msd cam position sensor, Holley tps sensor and I'm running heat sink LS coils. I have a wideband hooked up for each bank, driveshaft speed sensor, oil pressure, coolant temp, fuel pressure, IAT, and map. It's going to be crazy to actually get some data on this car, I have been going at it very blindly. Maybe someday I will get rid of those carbs, my doctor says I should cutback on them.  

20190417_210623.jpg