T1 Cam trigger NO RPM Integra link G4 plugin

coupe-r

Hi there, helping a friend with a B18C Integra link G4 plug in.

He has fitted a T1 Race developments Cam trigger setup (used to have an AEM EPM but it failed and gave issues)
http://help.t1racedevelopment.com/support/solutions/folders/4000002167 

His Trigger 1 setup is
Hall/Optical:
Filtering =LOW
Pullup=ON
Trig1 edge=falling
Multi-Tooth position=cam
Tooth Count=12

Trigger 2 is the same but cam pulse 1x

While logging (with injectors disabled) he gets ZERO RPM and no trig errors.

I have got him to post me pictures of the wiring and the trigger 1 (crank) goes to Pin B15 on the honda OBD1 B plug (CKPP)
trigger 2 (cam) goes to pin B11 (CYLP)

The wiring seems correct, ecu sees nothing. Power and ground are getting to the sensor, with the gap adjusted to 40 thou. Can't figure this one out.

tried changing pull up on and off and changing rising and falling but no change.

Also tried changing it to Crank driven and 6 teeth (but no change either)

On our plugin we swap the ground and signal from the factory CAS. (Honda use the signal inverted to what we do)

B15 and B11 are actually connect to ground.

You need the signals in on pins 

12 tooth to B16

1 tooth to B12

" (Honda use the signal inverted to what we do)"

hah, i think honda use it inverted to how EVERYONE else does it. Hmmmm thats a curve ball then if you changed the pinout to reverse the signal.

Ok he has put it back to B16 and B12, still nothing.

However he hooked up his old AEM EPM which is a bit faulty (causes RPM spikes and issues) But he sees RPM now.

starting to look like its the T1 trigger..

Ok cool so all our settings are correct then. No dice...

its getting power and ground, plus its wired correctly. I asked him about the gap which is says is correct.

Starting to look like failed sensor

He could use the AEM EPM but thats giving rubbish readings also; its been sent back to AEM but they state nothing wrong with it....
Its a 24-1 optical sensor I believe.

I guess he REALLY needs to scope the output from it (can't on G4 plugin correct?)

This is with engine idling stable but RPM all over the place. (at higher RPM it jumps 1000rpm!)

RPM stability.jpg

On 4/5/2019 at 3:35 PM, coupe-r said:

I guess he REALLY needs to scope the output from it (can't on G4 plugin correct?)

Correct, only the G4+ ECU's got a built-in scope.  

On 4/5/2019 at 3:35 PM, coupe-r said:

This is with engine idling stable but RPM all over the place. (at higher RPM it jumps 1000rpm!)

Its a bit hard to tell from a screenshot, but RPM doesnt look bad in the logged values list below?  The AEM EPM doesnt have a great reputation but it would also be worth swapping to the alternative edge as some devices have one edge that is more accurate than the other.

1znakk4.png

For your T1 sensor you can check if it is working just by leaving it connected to the ECU then back probe the signal wire with a multimeter (use a paperclip or similar) and wave the sensor past a magnet.

• 11 months later...
On 4/5/2019 at 2:55 AM, coupe-r said:

Hi there, helping a friend with a B18C Integra link G4 plug in.

He has fitted a T1 Race developments Cam trigger setup (used to have an AEM EPM but it failed and gave issues)
http://help.t1racedevelopment.com/support/solutions/folders/4000002167 

His Trigger 1 setup is
Hall/Optical:
Filtering =LOW
Pullup=ON
Trig1 edge=falling
Multi-Tooth position=cam
Tooth Count=12

Trigger 2 is the same but cam pulse 1x

While logging (with injectors disabled) he gets ZERO RPM and no trig errors.

I have got him to post me pictures of the wiring and the trigger 1 (crank) goes to Pin B15 on the honda OBD1 B plug (CKPP)
trigger 2 (cam) goes to pin B11 (CYLP)

The wiring seems correct, ecu sees nothing. Power and ground are getting to the sensor, with the gap adjusted to 40 thou. Can't figure this one out.

tried changing pull up on and off and changing rising and falling but no change.

Also tried changing it to Crank driven and 6 teeth (but no change either)

Hello how you did solve it? Can you please share the settings?