G4+ Bluetooth

Fotis

• 1 month later...

Bringing this thread back up as im trying to connect a tablet to my G4+ Storm to use for gauges while driving, bought the GL-MT300N-V2 and connected ok via Lan cable to my laptop and flashed the firmware as per instructions on 1st page, initally im trying to get it working on my Laptop as im still awaiting Tablet arriving,  all seemed to go ok on face of it at least and after flashing firmware the Cloudhub wifi network appeared and after installing virtualclient was able to see the Ecu connected to the USB port on hub ok.

However im not able to connect to Ecu with PClink software despite it showing as connected to the Hub ok on Virtual client,  so thinking a firewall issue as previous poster on here had im now trying to get into the MT300 to check that but i cant get access, ive tried over LAN and Wifi using IP address on unit as i did initially but it just wont connect says im not connected to a network :(

Im wondering if ive partially bricked the MT300 when flashing firmware preventing me accessing it, ive tried holding reset down on the MT300 for 10seconds to factory reset but looks like it doesnt affect the firmware as im still getting the Cloudhub wifi rather than orginal MT300 wifi i had before flashing, any help or ideas welcome ?

Couple of things to try which helped me when setting up initially :

Turn off all firewalls completely to test connections (probably best to disconnect from the Internet and just use lan for this) 

In the client software, right click on the hub and go to "specify hubs...", add the IP address of the hub manually, you could also try ticking the two check boxes under advanced, this can sometimes help with some firewalls which will only allow outgoing socket open requests. 

HTH, 

Richard. 

2 hours ago, Richard Hill said:

Couple of things to try which helped me when setting up initially :

Turn off all firewalls completely to test connections (probably best to disconnect from the Internet and just use lan for this) 

In the client software, right click on the hub and go to "specify hubs...", add the IP address of the hub manually, you could also try ticking the two check boxes under advanced, this can sometimes help with some firewalls which will only allow outgoing socket open requests. 

HTH, 

Richard. 

Thanks Richard i will have a play, when you say Firewalls is that the ones on the PC itself ?   or are there some on the MT300 i need to configure ?  this is what i was curious about as i did see a firewall tab on original firmware before i flashed it with new one which doesnt seem to have anything on that side of things.

I have been playing around all day with various options and interesting results, first if i connect the MT300 to laptop with Lan cable rather than Wifi i can connect to Ecu ok, if i do exactly same using Wifi to MT300 it sees the Ecu on virtualclient ok and Port is allocated but the software just wont connect up, if i connect other devices to the MT300 like a USB stick or USB mouse they all work fine when connected over wifi so it kind of works, just not with the Ecu which is what i need :( 

Will go and try the things you mention see if its any different, failing that will await to see if any different on Tablet when that arrives as that is what i need it to work on really, im just playing around trying  laptop to see if i could get it all to work while im waiting.

OK will try reducing  speed see if that helps, I think I've tried everything else suggested and all pc firewalls are off.

Only thin I wasn't sure was what you meant about ticking boxes under advanced? I can't find anything like that to do.

Hopefully on tablet all works as it should otherwise going to have a rethink on what to do, was hoping to have the small linx7 tab tucked in dash cubby with pclink running instead of adding gauges to dash to monitor engine etc, if I can't get this working will have to go for bigger tab maybe with seperate charging or more usb connectors.

Ok update, been on the Virtualhere forum as well looking for some pointers from that side and was suggested to look at latency, sure enough it doesnt look great via the laptops internal wifi for some reason despite being sat right next to the MT300,  tried it with a Netgear wifi USB stick in the laptop instead of the internal wifi and latency looked better, just been out and tested on car it connected to the ECU which was a result :-)

Tablet arrived today as well so just got to get that working now,  annoyingly i thought it had win10 on it but its come with win8 which i hate!, also lots of missing DLL files so wont run VirtualClient until i get all those copied back on, fingers crossed!

Not having a lot of luck and all seems to point to wifi latency issues from MT300, ive got both laptop and Tablet to initally connect to Ecu in car via wifi on the MT300 but randomly disconnects so not much use, watching wifi latency on MT300 it gives the occasional spikes which seems to be the cause, not sure if its my MT300 or the firmware etc and going to try and go back to original firmware and start again, if that doesnt work im not sure what next maybe i could send someone my MT300 to see if it works on there already working setup?.   im tempted to buy another see if its a bad unit but reluctant too until i know its the problem.

While it was working its great to have the tablet as gauges in car and going to cable it for now, hopefully get the wifi working in future to make it a cleaner install and allow me to keep tablet on charge while using it.

• 3 years later...

Understood from both counts. Thought it would work! 

It's a tablet with only one usb charging and transfer port so was clutching at straws.

It did briefly work but with engine off.

It was broadcasting to a virtual com port on the tablet

The virtual here USB server that is suggested in the 2nd post of this thread works with G4X.  Pretty slow though, not very pleasant for tuning but ok for a display.  

Otherwise if you just want a display you can use realdash with a Bluetooth or wifi CAN adapter.