Base Map - 4AGE Blacktop with COP's

Brad Scheigis

Hey guys

Would anyone possibly have a base map for a 20v blacktop 4AGE running Toyota COP's? This is for a Link Atom G4+ and engine is also running 440cc injectors from ST185 GT4, standard cams and VVT. Currently hooked up factory MAP (AN Volt 1), TPS (AN Volt 2), Oxy (AN Volt 3), Water (AN Temp 1), Air (AN Temp 2). AUX1 is fuel pump, AUX2 is VVT. Anything else needed?

Also, is it advisable to use the factory ISC? Assume it uses my remaining two AUX outputs......

Thanks in advance :)

Brad

I will attach one that I have.  Note 3 wire push/pull type idle valves need to be connected to aux 1&2 so you will need to shuffle a couple of your pins around (they can be popped out of the connector easy).  Close signal is Aux 1 and Open signal is Aux 2.

G4+ Atom 4AGE 20V Stock NA startup.pclr

Thanks @Adamw

Legend! I made the adjustments for the COP's to direct injection and added dwell times for the Denso units, assume that is really all that is different to start it up and put on the trailer to the tuner.

Looking at setting up a pit lane speed limiter but am AUX/DI limited, how easy is it to set up using secondary rev limit activated by DI? Work out the revs at the speed (39kmh) in set gear I am thinking.

Thanks, Brad

1 hour ago, Brad Scheigis said:

Looking at setting up a pit lane speed limiter but am AUX/DI limited, how easy is it to set up using secondary rev limit activated by DI? Work out the revs at the speed (39kmh) in set gear I am thinking.

Yes, that will work, as long as the driver knows he's always got to be in 2nd gear or whatever.  Have you got an analog input left?  You could make that function like a DI (for the limiter button) using a virtual aux.

Its nice to have a speed input if possible as you can use it for launch control and idle control works better with a speed lockout also.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Adamw

Just to let you know speed limiter works great using digital in and rpm.

However, we are a bit disappointed getting car back from tuner with 85Kw at the wheels...... This is a rebuilt engine with higher compression head gasket running as above with 50mm intake trumpets, 4-1 headers into straight back 2.25" exhaust with free flow resonator and muffler. Everything I have seen on a tune on these show considerably more power with similar mods, any thoughts?

Thanks, Brad

7 hours ago, Brad Scheigis said:

However, we are a bit disappointed getting car back from tuner with 85Kw at the wheels...... This is a rebuilt engine with higher compression head gasket running as above with 50mm intake trumpets, 4-1 headers into straight back 2.25" exhaust with free flow resonator and muffler. Everything I have seen on a tune on these show considerably more power with similar mods, any thoughts?

Assuming the tuner has tuned the ignition to MBT and not just made the assumption that base timing was correct etc then there is not much influence the ECU can have on power output, that will mostly be related to compression ratio and airflow.

I dont remember if I have tuned a 20V before but 85kW doesnt sound a million miles away from what I'd expect, they were only about 120kW at the flywheel brand new so you are going to lose some of that through the drivetrain.   If it is lower than you expect I would be checking things like cam timing and compression.