Simon86

What is wrong with my tune?

Hey guys,

I had my car tuned back in December from a local Melbourne Link dealer. The car has been back and forwards as it was running lean and cutting out under boost or lean protection...  

I had the car go back thinking when I would pick it up it would be fixed. In other words i am not comfortable driving it or taking it back. 

It idles funny it doesn't start right it made good power numbers but it's not what it should feel like.

The car is not a daily driven car so it it just sitting plus i had no time to focus on this till now. 

I have posted a few logs and the map please let me know what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r0rbq5d9bilwv0/Log 2018-12-8 8%3B57%3B22 pm.llg?dl=0

Any feedback is appreciated

Thank you. 

Original.pclr Log 2018-12-7 6;47;54 pm.llg Log 2018-12-7 7;28;27 pm.llg Log 2018-12-8 9;07;52 pm.llg

your tuner seems to like having massive steps of advance in the timing and vvt tables...

Is it a pig to cruise around moving between 1500-2000rpm?

Is the turbo too small? It's not holding boost

There are huge swings in Lambda at cruise from very lean to very rich. Quite frankly Lambda is way off its targets almost all of the time. Probably due to the large jumps in the fuel table between load points. At one point in cruise it is as high as 1.2 (17afr) @3000 rpm at steady throttle. It is also very lean at times in boost like .956 (13.8afr) @18psi. Just two examples of a constant theme.

For some reason it has 2 x Lambda Target Tables on one fuel type.

Generally 2* timing comes out for every 20kpa (3psi) load. Have a look at the ignition table - It's just sitting there in big blocks of the same and higher numbers.

The CLL is turned on with 0 gain and it doesn't seem to be making any corrections although the fuelling needs to be pretty close for it to work well anyway.

Put Lambda avg and Lambda Target together in your logging time plot and you'll see what's happening.

The knock control is turned off so we can't see what is going on there.

on a second look this morning, your tuner has also used both the charge temp approximation table and the IAT Fuel Trim Table, without much correlation between the two. Same with using modeled fuel mode and the warm up enrichment table is still in use as you would in a traditional fuel mode setup.   whole map/config likely needs revisiting

Also looks like base fuel pressure is only 2.5 bar. You have a fuel pressure sensor input but not using it in the modelled equation.

Injector dead time curve has steps in it. 

WOW just wow guys. How can some one call them self a tuner and represent a company and use their platform and not do it correctly.

As i mentioned it was not driven much but i just hope their is not any damage, compression still seems to be where it was. i did have the oil sampled and no bearing materials were found but the oil was changed to fresh oil after the dyno day and i only put less then 100km on that oil 

Yes it is a Subaru 2.6 long block Cosworth engine with a FP Red turbo running on e85

Thank you for all your comments guys!!! thank you!

Just as a example when i picked it up on the first day i was driving in a 80km zone in 6th gear the AFR's were at 16AFR i had to drive it back in 5th gear so it was closer to 14.7AFR 

6 hours ago, Rob W said:

Hope you get it sorted ok mate you shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone in Melbourne

Yeh i thought that with the Link Dealer Tuner I have chosen and look what i got for my money... 

I just had a quick look.  There is some pretty odd stuff in there. 

1. It looks like it has been tuned for flex fuel but there is only one ignition map and no other corrections for ethanol content.  Usually E85 can take a heap more advance than petrol so what fuel was that ignition table tuned for? 
  2. VVT looks like the offsets are set incorrectly.  The RH inlet cam is showing 10deg advance when it is in the fully home position.  That means it will be getting 10Deg less than what is commanded.
  3. The VVT and ignition tables both have big "holes" in them around the cruise area that is going to make it drive pretty horrible.
  4. Boost control not working great at all.
  5. Fuel control is not great either.  I would say this is due to there only being 1 VE table set up, which doesnt usually cover flex fuel well enough especially when injectors havent been flow tested on both fuels.

I think the saving grace is you are running it on relatively high eth %, which is relatively forgiving.  I wouldnt give it a hard time especially on petrol until it is looked at by someone more competent or interested.  If you want to PM me the tuners name I will pass it on to the right people to consider.