Evo 8 low on fuel on Link ecu

Knox

Hello,  Today I installed Link G4+ plug in ecu to evo 8. With stock evo 8 ecu air fuel ratio is 12-12.5 at 1.3 bar boost but on Link ecu at 0.9 bar after 5500 rpm air fuel ratio goes to lean 13.5-14. Of course I try to adjust it by increase injestor duty cycle but  no result engine runs lean again.  I also canceled the fuel pressure solenoid  and result is same. So with stock ecu 1.3 bar afr is ok but on Link ecu 0.9 bar after 5500 rpm engine goes lean. What it can be the reason, what should I check ? 

Thank you.

5 hours ago, motomattx said:

The car needs tuned, the tune that comes from Link is just to get the car up and running so you can get it to a tuner or tune it yourself, I wouldn't be making boosted pulls with it until its properly tuned.

I'm the tuner, I tuned everywhere  below 0.9 bar and all is good with part throttle and below 0.9bar. Thank you for reply. I will check rrob's adivse to see if its the issue. Might be injector settings but it should be correct at base map.

6 hours ago, rrob said:

Fuel pump speed control working correctly?

I checked it now. "Speed Control Method" is off. may be this is the issue. What it should be? Can you help me please.

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

Have a look in our Evo4-8 base map for the correct settings.  Injector drive 6 should be set to FP Speed and the speed control method shout be set as below.

110zucy.png

Thank you for reply and support.

• 2 months later...

Really late to this thread...have same symptoms as OP.

For Evo 9...would the setup be the same/similar ?

Manual shows aux 4/aux 12 (ethrottle) as fp speed relay for Evo 9 however this was 'off'  when checking. Also fuel pump did not show the above settings...and changed.

Edit

I see in the manual for evo 9 that aux 12/aux 4 is for FP speed relay...however in stock ECU setting it is GP output

any help would be appreciated

Mike

On 7/8/2019 at 10:37 PM, maikumaru2000 said:

Really late to this thread...have same symptoms as OP.

For Evo 9...would the setup be the same/similar ?

Manual shows aux 4/aux 12 (ethrottle) as fp speed relay for Evo 9 however this was 'off'  when checking. Also fuel pump did not show the above settings...and changed.

Edit

I see in the manual for evo 9 that aux 12/aux 4 is for FP speed relay...however in stock ECU setting it is GP output

any help would be appreciated

Mike

You need to make search  ecu setting->write "fuel pump"-> select fuel pump control-> select speed control method and make it general xover and store and save it. It should change to fuel pump high speed mode.  

Hello everyone
Check the vacuum line and pressure on the fuel pressure regulator.
Check the master fuel control on the fuel table, see if it is not small.
And lastly if you changed the fuel pump, check the voltage drop on the supply wires, especially the tank cover for the wires inside the pump tank.
Sorry for my English.
Augusto.