Basic Question about Force GDI

KK GDI

Hello there,

I am stuck with some (i hope minor) Problems with my first force GDI tune.

My car is an Mitsubishi Carisma GDI with 1834ccm. The Pump Valve is a mechanical one, so I disabled the pump controll. The Injectors 'should' deliver 1000ccm - But also there are no oficial data.
Also there are no values to calibrate the Fuel pressure sensor (yet), but I set an error value of 5000kpa which is the engines nominal working pressure. I messured the injector Timing and pulse wide, and entered the values for the Injector Driver into the ECU File.

I also added an MAP Sensor (3bar GM Type) which is working well, and added an LSU for further Tuning.

My Problem is the injector effective pulse wide shown at PC-Link stuck arround 63ms which is wayyys to much. It should be (messured with stock ecu in idle) arround 0.63ms.

Also the Stock MAF Sensor seems to read nothing - I messured the wire, the electical connection to pin 3 seems to be fine.

Is there a way to mesure the injection time and correct it somehow by hand?
Does somebody also had Problems with a Mitsubishi MAF and does know what the Problem could be there?

Thanks you for your help.
Its my first time working with an Link ECU.

Konstantin from UAS Zwickau, Germany 

Carisma GDI neue Firmware 18.04.2019 _LMM wie Evo9 angepasst.pclr

Your DI rail pressure is showing zero in the log, so that is why it is calculating maximum injector pulsewidth.

Update to the latest firmware (5.6.6), and for the rail pressure parameter to work properly you will need to turn on GDI pump control.  I suggest set it to saturated and PWM pump type for now.

The Firmware is already updated. I did this last week.

But I will try to enable the GDI Pump controll without having it connected.
The Pressure sensor shows the entered 5Mpa to me. It is confusing, that the Software is not working with that value.

Pressure Controll.PNG

Thanks, that really worked. :D The injection Time is now arround 2.5ms which is ways better.

Do You know, how to make the Mitsubishi air mass sensor work?

I connected 12V, 5V, Sensor Ground, and Pin3 which should Output sort of an PWM Signal - Voltage= Air mass, Duty Cycle*4= Engine RPM
It is connected to Analog Imput 4, calibrated as Evo 7 MAF.

test lmm on, PWM Pump Controll on (23.04.2019).llg Start 23.04.2019 - Zündung noch einstellen! PumpControll Enabled, Inc 3000ccm.pclr

7 hours ago, KK GDI said:

Thanks, that really worked. :D The injection Time is now arround 2.5ms which is ways better.

Do You know, how to make the Mitsubishi air mass sensor work?

I connected 12V, 5V, Sensor Ground, and Pin3 which should Output sort of an PWM Signal - Voltage= Air mass, Duty Cycle*4= Engine RPM
It is connected to Analog Imput 4, calibrated as Evo 7 MAF.

test lmm on, PWM Pump Controll on (23.04.2019).llg 363.75 kB · 0 downloads Start 23.04.2019 - Zündung noch einstellen! PumpControll Enabled, Inc 3000ccm.pclr 162.47 kB · 0 downloads

Mitsu uses frequency airflow. I would forget about using that and tune base on map.

I know about that, but I thought I might work better for turbocharged cars than just MAP-sensoring does. The Sensor I have here is the E5T08271. (481)
PC Links shows an input error. Do I have to do more than just setting the imput to MAF Evo7 Type?
Do You know, if the Airflow Sensor need more than 12v and 5v, mass and signal out to be wired? Honestly I want to try leaving it in, if it could work and help somehow.

The Evo MAF is a Kármán vortex type, it outputs a frequency.  You need to connect it to a frequency capable digital input (DI1-8), assign the DI function to "MAF meter" and set MAF type to Evo 7-9.  Im not sure if the pull-up needs to be on or off but I suspect on.

Okay, thanks for that. I thought I had to use analog imput. I will connect it and post my result. ;-)

I have a nother question: For Mitsubishi single ignition Coils (plugged ones), which dwell time do you think is Max. possible?

Best regards

MAF seems to work - To be honest, I dont know if the mesured air mass is of realistic value, because in the log it only Shows the status "Active", but at least there is no error left.

But to come back to the Question: Does anyone know about the dwell time?

image.png

1.0 Injektor Peak duration angepasst 390us, 2,5ms startinjektion, MAF Digital.pclr MAF working, inj. 2.644ms 320BTDC.llg