1gzfe v12 toyota with Storm scope and triggers.

Carfreek

I have concerns that I may have triggers with reversed polarity on my toyota  1gzfe build. I did not have cars pinout, made educated guesses concerning wiring of triggers, engine has 2 crank sensors and 2 cam sensors. . Car is started and runs, but timing seems off. I ran a scope capture, its attatched here. Can you tell from this if polarity is wrong? Thanks in advance

Trigger Scope Log 2019-04-23 2;10;54 pm.llg

Thanks for the quick reply. I am using the 1jz settings. While I had it running, I was trying to set the base calibration, but the ecu will not unlock the offset value. I cant find any instructions on how to unlock these fields. I have tried clicking on the lock button, and right clicking on the offset, but it will not change the value. Storm rev 1.7. Pic attatched

15561410741331359747825.jpg

Edited by Carfreek
Add info

Just double click the spanner beside set base timing, that will open a new window.  In there is where you adjust your offset.  A common gotcha is if you are manually typing in a new offset you need to hit the enter key to make it take effect.  The number will turn blue to indicate it has taken effect. I normally just use the pg up/pg down keys to adjust so I can do it with one hand on the timing light - you dont need to hit enter in this case.

Had to put in 40 degrees of advance , 245 offset now. Seems like an odd number. Still getting a random backfire...wondering if I need to go 360 down and input -115 as the offset? The help section mentioned this as an alternate..

It actually runs fairly well,  and backfires sporadically. Burnt up the o2 sensor, with raw fuel on startup settings so its waiting for new parts. Ive seen other people with 1 gz builds mention it was within 5 degrees or less.   Thank you again. 

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Carfreek said:

Aux 3 vvti driver side. Aux 4 vvti pass side

That doesnt mean anything to me without knowing what side of the road you drive on.  It may be clearer to use Lefthand/Righthand.

2 hours ago, Carfreek said:

I may have my tuner contact you direct as he will have the car monday the 23rd..next time I will be able to download file at shop will be sunday...thank you.

Note I dont work for Link, and its not Links job to set up your ECU.  Happy to help here on the forum in my own time when I have time however.