Factory CAS vs Cam Trigger Kit - Log Thoughts?

Jefferson.C

Just looking for some opinion on these trigger logs. First one is factory Nissan 360 CAS (better one of a few that I tested)  and second two logs is with an upgraded 24 -1 with reluctor sensor. This is an RB25 with vct and stiff valve springs, so I'm not sure if that will cause a little rough spot around where the vct shuts off (5850 rpm). 
With the factory cas I had dwell set to 2.5ms and rpm filtering #2. With the 24 - 1 I dropped dwell to 2.3 for a little safety margin and rpm filtering #1. 
The engine speed ROC looks to be a little better but the dwell seems to be jumping around more? 

3pull.llg 02.llg 01.llg

I did some reading and did a trigger scope at 1,2,3,4000 rpm. Held the rpm as steady as possible when I selected capture. I wanted to observe to see if the trigger 1 arming threshold table voltage values that were supplied with the 24 - 1 kit were close. I am seeing some extremely high voltages though. Thoughts here? 

scope4.llg scope3.llg scope2.llg scope1.llg

Both before and after look pretty acceptable to me.  I will say your factory CAS was working better than most RB's normally do however.   The dwell scatter you have is quite acceptable and probably just valve train resonance bouncing the cam around a  little.

1 hour ago, Jefferson.C said:

I am seeing some extremely high voltages though. Thoughts here? 

Voltage generated by a VR sensor is effected by tooth count and air gap.  The voltage you see here is not too far off normal.  You have a nice clean signal with little noise so arming threshold is probably not too important.  Something like below should do it ok:

34y92fp.png