Read oem OBDII?

taoybb

Hello, is it possible to use CAN to read some data from OBD-II port?. My car is 2005 Toyota MPV running on Monsoon ECU (Sorry just borrowed ECU from a friend and mine own is on it way, so serial will come soon). I couldn't get wheel speed input to work properly and interesting in reading data from OBD-II port instead. The OEM OBD-II is ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init, 10.4 Kbaud) so is it possible?

We dont have OBD2 available as an input at this time.  I dont think there are any plans to at this stage either.  Not a bad idea though, it is not something I had considered before.   I would expect your car to have CAN bus though.  You might have to buy a cheap CAN sniffer and learn how to find it.  Have a look at the original ecu and see if it has any wires that are twisted pair connected to it, if so that will likely be the CAN bus.  I have a liitle bit of CAN info for a couple of late Toyota's and they both have wheels speeds on the same CAN ID's.

According from my car wiring diagram, there is another bus available is BEAN (Multiplex). I had read on AltezzaLink in help section but don't really get what " ECU contains a CAN to BEAN  converter" mean. Is Monsoon support this as input?