Hello, 

Since my boost solenoid seems to be acting up (80% leads to wastegate pressure and 85 % to overboost) I'm looking to buy a new one. Can you advice me for a simple, reliable, 1.5 bar max boost solenoid valve that is known to work well with the link ecu's without needing additional relay? If possible I would like a silent one because the old one was making so strong sewing machine sounds that it forced me to set 0 target on low engine speeds just so that I don't have to hear that noise. As far as I know the link ECU output port can handle 0.45 amps which is at the limit of most solenoids I find.Thank you!

3 hours ago, dynoiasi said:

As far as I know the link ECU output port can handle 0.45 amps which is at the limit of most solenoids I find.Thank you!

The Aux outputs are capable of 2A current.  The most commonly used valve is the MAC 3 port, something like 35a-aca-ddba-oba.  They are widely counterfeited though so make sure you are getting a real one.  

You are right, only the high side drive is limited to 0.5Amps. I got confused. In the end I ordered an  AEM 30-2400 boost solenoid  which looks similar to a MAC 3 port.For those there was a ridiculous amount of fake/cloned ones. Thank you!

About 0.5 bar... Anyway, after I replace the boost controller I might reach the conclusion that after all this is all this turbo can make. I seem to be able to make more boost in low rpm's and low gears, but it looks like the turbo cannot sustain the pressure in high gears and high rpm's.

You turn the knife where it hurts :D The problem with my build is that ridiculously I do not know exactly what turbo I am running :) All I know is that it is a T3/T4 hybrid with 60mm inducer and 50mm outlet size. I received it from someone I trusted (back then) when I started the build and he said it should be good for aroud 300hp. From then a lot of money flew into the build and I put together a pretty decent setup, however the capability of one of the main blocks (the turbocharger) is still not know to me.

Update on my work: I installed the new MAC boost controller and started tweaking it on the street. At 90% PWM it looks like I can build around 0.8bar at 6000RPM which is decent for my goals. I get a HUGE immediate overboost when accelerating around 3500-4000RPM even with 70% Wastegate DC. So I guess the turbo is quite small and flows well up to 4000 but then it looses its momentum.

So on the next tweaking session the plan is to try 100% wastegate DC in the high RPM zone and activate the closed loop boost control in order to keep the overoboost tendency in the low RPM's.  Especially if I step off/on the throttle I get immediate boost cut (set at 1 bar).