Help with a Subaru 2.2 liter 6/7 trigger pattern

Sjol

I have just installed a g4+ monsoon and need help with the trigger setting for Subaru 2.2 engine with 6/7 trigger pattern. I have been trying to start the engine with the v1-6 basemap and it shows rpm while cranking but no spark signal. But if choose a different trigger setting it will spark while cranking but will not show rpm. 

The V1-6 trigger mode is the correct mode for the common EJ 6 tooth crank/7 tooth cam.  What coils does it have?  Does it have an ignitor?  If you pull the plugs out and crank it do you have a spark?

First thank you for responding to my problem 

I am using the stock coil and ignitor I think from a 1997 Subaru Impreza. I have checked for spark while cranking by grounding the plug to the block and there was no sign of spark. I have also checked the signal coming from the ecu with two wire test light and there is is no signal while cranking. It will spark one time as soon as I let off of the ignition key switch and I will see the timing light flash once. I have also did the ignition test checked all four plugs and the had very good spark. 

I dont see any reason why there would be no spark from that log, the ECU appears to be happy.  If you are sure it sparks on a different trigger mode and not on Subaru mode then I think you are going to have to get a scope capture of the crank and cam signals so we can see whats wrong.  

I have checked the power supply a few times while cranking and cranking and it is always there. I will get a scoop in a few days to capture the crank and cam signal.

Adamw 

would my crank signal be better if I installed a crank pulley from a new Subaru engine. I have attached a picture of the style I have on the engine now on the right side and the left side is what I would like to install. My question is would this work and  what trigger set up would I use. I have read about that crank pulley and sounds like those years of Subaru only used crank signal on nun turbo engines and the turbo engines used both cam and crank

77352A9D-420F-46CF-BE10-2052CA1B57C5.jpeg

8 hours ago, Sjol said:

would my crank signal be better if I installed a crank pulley from a new Subaru engine. I have attached a picture of the style I have on the engine now on the right side and the left side is what I would like to install. My question is would this work and  what trigger set up would I use. I have read about that crank pulley and sounds like those years of Subaru only used crank signal on nun turbo engines and the turbo engines used both cam and crank

The stock trigger system should be fine, we have sold plug-in ecus for the V1-6 Subaru's for over 20 years so there are thousands of the EJ's out there with the early trigger working fine.  To change to the later 36-2-2-2 crank wheel you would also need to change the cam wheel to the matching late model 2 tooth wheel.

9 hours ago, Sjol said:

I have read about that crank pulley and sounds like those years of Subaru only used crank signal on nun turbo engines and the turbo engines used both cam and crank

Are you saying your engine currently doesnt have a cam sensor?

I used a fluke 123B scoop and was able to get some screen shoots. The cam is in red and the crank is in blue. The pics are from the end of the wire harness at the ecu. I’m not sure if this is helpful I’m still learning to use this scoop 

35CEDFE9-3BB4-4D84-8993-DF3C0BFF4E54.jpeg

97FEB407-0F35-4300-A939-EF3187C9EDB9.jpeg

D7CD7462-E439-475C-8906-C37CE59E0F45.jpeg