jetape

Customize CAN predefined "Mode" possible?

I know it's a long shot but going to ask...

Is there some way to add a user defined option to a predefined Mode in CAN setup?

I have a vipec V88R3 ecu which I always thought had 2 CAN modules since it has CAN H/L pins on one of it's expansion ports.  "CAN 1" was blank in the config and "CAN 2" is configured to use a predefined mode for the jetski so my assumption was CAN 1 was the expansion port.

I wanted to run EGT sensors so I picked up thermocouples and EGT-to-CAN module.  It works fine if I configure CAN 2, "receive kms egt can", to use it but that means I have to disable jetski mode which is just not an option.  From my testing using a can-debugger it seems the expansion port CAN interface is just a line to tap into the bus and not a second module.

I can get the EGT data onto the bus, I just have no way of telling the ECU it's there.

Am I out of luck with this?

Unfortunately you are out of luck I think.  There is only CAN 2 available to the outside world on that ECU and you can only have a predefined or a user stream - you cant have both at the same time.  

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

Unfortunately you are out of luck I think.  There is only CAN 2 available to the outside world on that ECU and you can only have a predefined or a user stream - you cant have both at the same time.  

What a bummer :(

Any chance of being provided the info whats behind a predefined mode so I could replicate it using user defined mode and add egt along with it?

No I wouldnt be allowed to give that out sorry.  There is a heap of CAN involved in the Seadoo for all the RiDE system.  Way too much to be done with user CAN.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:33 AM, Adamw said:

No I wouldnt be allowed to give that out sorry.  There is a heap of CAN involved in the Seadoo for all the RiDE system.  Way too much to be done with user CAN.

Thank you for the response, shoot pretty disappointing as I had everything ready to go and really wanted these sensors.  I don't suppose there would be a way to have a custom map file edited by dev team to make it listen for egt-to-can on CAN 2 no matter whats already on it. Loooong shot I know :(    Thanks