VQ35DE Trigger errors and engine cutting

Fabio_dxb

we have a 2016 vq35de installed on our car with a G4+ Fury ecu. the engine starts and works fine on idle and till 3200 rpm. at 3200 rpm the engine start to cut and we are getting triggers errors. we checked the timing and its spot on. we did a screen recording while running the engine and make the issue happen and its attached, same with trigger scope.

any help would be appreciate.

TIA

trigger scope car 11.jpeg

9 hours ago, Fabio_dxb said:

another issue we just figured out is that when we unplug the vvt solenoids we dont have power on the ecu

Can you clarify this please? Are you saying that it you unplug the cam phase solenoids, the ECU doesnt power up at all?

Your trigger1 looks like its not picking up properly. Your trace only goes up to 3.5ish volts, and its very "spiky", compared to Adam's reference which is a nice square wave. This means the falling side of each tooth is going to be a few degrees off where it should be, and this is the edge you are using for trigger1.... hall effect sensors shouldnt ever do partial voltages like that either, they contain an internal filter of sorts that should make them on or off, and on should be 5v. the sensor might be playing up or it might have a power feed issue given what I think you are saying.

You havent logged any internal voltages in that log, but the last runtime values in that config show the ECU was seeing 83degC coolant (so it was running very recently), but only 11v battery input, and 10.3 volt internal ECU voltage.

What does your power and ground setup look like?

as the other guys have said there is something wrong wiring wise.

Regards the crank signal is the car using a stock OEM flywheel or an after market as some after market the diameter of the crank trigger is in correct as the signal suffers.

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

The cam signal is inverted from what I think it normally is.  Can you try changing trig 2 and DI1 to rising edge to see if that makes it behave any different.

Here is normal VQ35:

24ovibl.png

this scope is for the old vq35. the new one is what i sent previously.

7 hours ago, cj said:

Can you clarify this please? Are you saying that it you unplug the cam phase solenoids, the ECU doesnt power up at all?

Your trigger1 looks like its not picking up properly. Your trace only goes up to 3.5ish volts, and its very "spiky", compared to Adam's reference which is a nice square wave. This means the falling side of each tooth is going to be a few degrees off where it should be, and this is the edge you are using for trigger1.... hall effect sensors shouldnt ever do partial voltages like that either, they contain an internal filter of sorts that should make them on or off, and on should be 5v. the sensor might be playing up or it might have a power feed issue given what I think you are saying.

You havent logged any internal voltages in that log, but the last runtime values in that config show the ECU was seeing 83degC coolant (so it was running very recently), but only 11v battery input, and 10.3 volt internal ECU voltage.

What does your power and ground setup look like?

yes, i was on a live chat with Simon and the ecu it might have a burnt track inside so we are sending the ecu to NZ to be inspected and lets see.

6 hours ago, Fabio_dxb said:

this scope is for the old vq35. the new one is what i sent previously.

yes, i was on a live chat with Simon and the ecu it might have a burnt track inside so we are sending the ecu to NZ to be inspected and lets see.

When you say old VQ35 what model or do you have a VQ35 HR motor?

hello, quick update. we got a new fury and when we plugged in the result was the same. smooth running up to 3200 rpm then engine cutting. we modified the filtering on the trigger from level 2 to level 1 and the cutting moves from 3200 to 4500 rpm. we were out of ideas and bit depressed but the weekend was just around the corner. We start the new week with fresh brain and body: after a brain storming we tried to machine down the plate of crank sensor to get it closer to the flywheel. issue sorted!!!!!!!!!!! now we got full rpm range, clear trigger scope till the engine is warm, once its hot the scope start to be unclear so we grind down more the crank sensor.