Strange aux problem

Guest |555|

Guest |555|

I have installed quite a few of these ecus the last time, but today I got a strange problem.

Today I installed the V44 in a N/A rally car and wired the outputs as usual.

aux 1 fuel pump

aux 2 tacho

aux 3 water pump

aux 4 cooling fan

All is wired through relays, and supply from ecu and relay coils is wired direct from mains switch through fuse panel.

I tested all aux functions and worked great. I use low side triggering for relays.

Then when setting base timing, I disabled injectors by setting to off. This time I also found out that maybe was good idea to turn off fuel pump also while setting base timing, so I set aux 1 to off.

After setting base timing, it was time to start engine, and I set injectors to sequential and aux 1 to fuel pump and stored. But the ecu refuse to trigger fuel pump. After some testing I found that only aux 2 and 4 working now. I even tried to rewire for aux 5 through 8, but no luck. Only aux 2 and 4 works. No fuel pump or water pump works when set to on and low polarity.

Ignition and injector drives works perfectly.

I even tried to update firmware and tried a calibration from a similar engine without luck.

Anyone got a clue what could be wrong? Wiring and fuses and things like this is ok.

Thanks in advance

Ivar Finnvik

Norway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest |555|

BTW, I recall that I got some "set axis to zero" question when I turned the fuel pump off first time.

dont know if this is relevant, but I just mention it.

BR

Ivar

Guest |555|

Problem solved. Problem was not the car ecu, but the installers ECU..:)

When I found my glasses I found out that I had installed 2 24v relays, and they dont trigger unless charger was connected...:)

BR

Ivar