Target afr protection

Booston

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2019 at 4:05 PM, Booston said:

Any detailed info would greatly be appreciated. Had some very worrying lean condition without any way of knowing until logs checked !!!!

On 11/10/2019 at 4:05 PM, Booston said:

Any detailed info would greatly be appreciated. Had some very worrying lean condition without any way of knowing until logs checked !!!!!!

I ussually set a gp limits with x axis being lambda and Y axis load, that way you decide how much boost you accept at a define afr. If you have a worrying lean spot and you are trusting in the closeloop doing all the work, you should spend some times tuning your Fuel map with the CL off

• 4 months later...

We tuned whole map and all was good with CLL either not having to make any corrections to any cell or very very little. Something went bad with fuel pump and CLL tried to correct as it should but either reached it Max correction. So in that scenario a safety set at say 5% or more correction doing something else, pref rpm limit plus CEL.

to update mapper did find away to protect as above excessive correction equal rpm limit plus cel

• 2 weeks later...

Run a fuel pressure sensor that way you can use differential fuel pressure as a limit. That will monitor if your fuel pumps have died or on way out. Then another limit based on afr like the above pic. I cant see why that wont be good enough. Both will be quicker to respond that looking and reacting to a dash fault light.

22 hours ago, Booston said:

Thanks Ducie, I don’t want to view what’s going on ( mostly race car ) just want automation and safety.

X could be on the cards then 

I work with a lot of race cars, and usually my aproach is to leave it to the driver, I dont wont to shutdown the engine in the final corner if he is fighting for the championship, I leave that to him or her to decide, in that case the best way is a Dash, and make different alarms,  he or her can decide what to do and when. In those car I just make corrections to try keep everything undercontrol if something goes wrong. If is not that series the competition then aggresive protections is a good way to save the engine. 

If you just need to turn on a light to warn the driver, you can use aux that under over X afr and X amount of load turn the light.