discussion about sharing ABS sensor output

928sg

I'm looking to add wheel speed inputs but not affect the factory abs.   I can't be the only person that wants to have traction control and the desire to share the abs sensor with the factory abs computers.    I had a chat with support about this, but I don't think they really understood what I'm trying to do.

I'm looking for a healthy discussion on what others have done to accomplish this.  due to the hub design I don't really have a way to mount another speed sensor on the front wheel hub.    I do have a vss inside differential, that I can use for the drive wheels, but I'm leery of just tying into one wheel sensor.

3 hours ago, 0x33 said:

What car is this on? Some ABS systems more sensitive than others

I have setup TC on many toyota's, and I can usually just T off the positive wheel speed signal wire, connect to DI and be on my way. 

It's a Porsche 928.   The ABS sensors are 45 tooth, and the Bosch abs sensors are: 0265001119 and 0265006141 for the front and 0265001118 for the rear.       

Adam thanks for the additional info on the DI 11-16.  I had not seen that.  I did see that the DI's had positives and negatives on the C connector.   How do we tell if the ABS uses a ground circuit?

6 hours ago, 928sg said:

How do we tell if the ABS uses a ground circuit?

Back probe each wire on the sensor and measure resistance between each wire and ground (any ground will do).  If any have low resistance (say <1ohm) then that would be a good indication that it is grounded on one side.

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

Back probe each wire on the sensor and measure resistance between each wire and ground (any ground will do).  If any have low resistance (say <1ohm) then that would be a good indication that it is grounded on one side.

I will do that,   I was also able to go through the factory schematics to determine which wires were what as well as obtain the pin out for the ABS computer.   the Pin out on the abs computer shows signal and ground for the ABS sensors

• 1 year later...
On 9/5/2019 at 10:39 PM, 0x33 said:

What car is this on? Some ABS systems more sensitive than others

I have setup TC on many toyota's, and I can usually just T off the positive wheel speed signal wire, connect to DI and be on my way. 

Hi, so on Toyotas you just "steal" the signal from the signal-cable of the stock vr abs sensor by tapping on the stock cable a new cable driving it on a vr to hall transformer and divider sending it to the ecu? This way stock abs check light doesn't come on?

Thanks