launch control setup - Subaru STI V7

Warchild

Hi Simon.

Thank you so much in advance for helping. This is purely for drag racing please. The car in question is running the G4+ and is now leading the racing in it's class currently. The launch control could not be sorted and we had to do normal rpm limit launches as we had no choice and still won, but surely with launch control there is improvements to be made. We are upgrading again and wish to have this sorted out 100% please.
Subaru 2.0 Fully forged Rally bottom end from Subaru, Turbonetics 60-1 turbo, Rotate mount setup, FMIC, CO2 spray on FMIC controlled by Link and intercooler spray buttons, 1000cc injectors, surge tank, upgraded fuel rails and pumps, BP Racing coils, Tomei sump plates, upgraded oil pump (6-8 bar), 6 button copper clutch, standard JDM STI 6 speed gearbox, 2.1 bar boost, 105 Octane fuel ( normal pump 95 fuel with very good additive)

Hope all the info helped ?

17 minutes ago, Warchild said:

Hope all the info helped ?

Not really.  It would be more helpful to explain how you want launch control to work and how you want to activate it...

Do you just want a 2step limiter while stationary or something that varies based on a timer or wheel speed?  How do you want to turn it on/off?  Is there a clutch switch or handbrake switch to indicate launch has happened? What are you trying to achieve - improve traction or make more power at launch?

8 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Not really.  It would be more helpful to explain how you want launch control to work and how you want to activate it...

Do you just want a 2step limiter while stationary or something that varies based on a timer or wheel speed?  How do you want to turn it on/off?  Is there a clutch switch or handbrake switch to indicate launch has happened? What are you trying to achieve - improve traction or make more power at launch?

Hi Adam... 
The car comes standard with a clutch switch yes, the one that makes you press the clutch before the car will start. If that can be used, then no problem. When I tried it, the launch control stay on all the way, as if the speed is not picked up from the wheel sensors.

I want more power at launch as the turbo is on the line of being to big, specially when we have a race inland. 

You didnt have a non driven wheel speed set up so that is why speed deactivation did not work.

As far as I know the V7-9 does not have a clutch switch connected to the ECU so I have set it up to activate the launch limiter whenever speed is <10Kmh, using virtual aux 1.

I have thrown some rough numbers in there as a starting point, it is up to your tuner to keep an eye on things and fine tune it.  I have set the launch to 5500RPM, ign at 10ATDC and 10% extra fuel.  

Make sure you pray to the Subaru transmission god before every launch.

LaunchControlsetupfile Rev A.pclr