G4x xtreme - Autotune

Steve Bull

Will this new ecu have the ability to store fuel trims and continually tune  without the need  to save the data before you switch the ECU off. The ecu on my bike does this and will have the fuel trims ready when every you plug in your lap top. The data isnt lost each time you turn off which is very handy as you don't always have the laptop at hand to do the updates.

• 3 months later...

Oh bugger. I didn't realise that Links don't use long term (stored) fuel trims. I'm in the market to buy an ECU this week. Yes this would be a really good feature to be able to check up on LTFTs and manually apply the changes back into the main VE table periodically if needed.

• 11 months later...

Im still to fit my G4X xtreme ECU, but I was just wondering if anything has been considered about the continuous autotune. Another item would be a electric water pump controller, I know at present my G4 xtreme ECU does it with use of a few timers and some logic. Is there anything in the pipeline to be able to do this as well.

One thing I recommend doing with the LTT is to try and set the axis break points to match your fuel table break points as much as possible in the regions where you want to have the LTT active.  I wish the LTT table was as large as the fuel tables, but it is not.

Right, so does this alter the fuel automatically or is it held on a separate file for you then to add it to the fuel table. I also take it that it is stored on the ECU even when you have power off. As this is one the issues I was having with the short-term fuel trims that if you turn ignition off, you lost all the information/data.

if that the case I’ll have to find it when I get back home.

1 hour ago, Steve Bull said:

so does this alter the fuel automatically or is it held on a separate file for you then to add it to the fuel table.

Both.  It is applied all the time, or you can use it to correct the fuel table then zero it out.  

1 hour ago, Steve Bull said:

I also take it that it is stored on the ECU even when you have power off.

Correct.

Note, it is only available in G4X ecu's.  

• 11 months later...
On 5/12/2021 at 5:29 AM, Adamw said:

Both.  It is applied all the time, or you can use it to correct the fuel table then zero it out.  

Correct.

Note, it is only available in G4X ecu's.  

Is this something coming to the G4+ range as well ?