Monsoon sr20det trigger

Wang

I sr20det answered a Monsoon current won’t  start ,trigger1 and trigger2 set,but l use my ignition timing light, lamp sometimes flash flash 

sometimes not I at present in the card for several days try many methods sometime good, the ignition timing calibration but is not start

this section is where there is the problem

Did you follow the steps that are explain in the help file? 

The Nissan 360 Opto Trigger Mode is designed for use with Nissan optical Crank Angle Sensors (CAS) that have 360 evenly spaced slots and 4,6 or 8 different width slots.  Digital trigger decoding uses all of the 360 slots to achieve precise engine position calculation.

Of the 4, 6 or 8 slots, one will be wider than the others.  This Widest Slot is used by the ECU to determine the engines position in the firing order.  As the width of this slot varies depending on the exact CAS used, an automated setup procedure has been provided.

Note:  THE ENGINE WILL NOT START when Test ECCS Sync is turned ON.

Setup Procedure:

Setup ECCS Trigger Decoding as follows (Read the entire process and ensure you understand before starting):

1.Ensure the 360 slot signal is wired to the ECUs Trig 1 input.

2.Ensure the 4,6 or 8 slot signal is wired to the ECUs Trig 2 input.

3.Switch the key on, do not start the engine.

4.Connect to the ECU using PCLink.

5.Ensure all Configuration options are correct.

6.Under the Fuel heading, select Fuel Setup.  Set Injection Mode to OFF.  This will prevent the engine from starting.

7.Under the Triggers heading, select Trigger Setup.

8.Select Nissan 360 Opto as the Trigger Mode.  Note that this will initialise all trigger inputs to default values.  The default values are as follows:

·Trigger 1:

·Trigger 1 Type = Optical/Hall

·Trigger 1 Pull up = ON

·Trigger 1 Filtering = Level 1

·Trigger 2:

·Trigger 2 Type = Optical/Hall

·Trigger 2 Pull up = ON

·Trigger 2 Filtering = Level 1

9.Select the resolution mode.  Select Low Res Mode = ON for engines with aggressive cam shaft profiles or lightweight flywheels.  This will provide improved timing stability on engines that have large variations in CAS rotation speed per revolution.

10.Set Test ECCS Sync to ON.  This will put the ECU into a special mode where it will automatically calculate the position of the widest slot.  Note that in this mode the ECU will disable both fuel and ignition.  Enabling this function will also initialise the ECCS Widest Slot value to 0.

11.Open the Triggers/Limits tab of the Runtime Values window (F12 key).

12.Crank the engine.  This will start the widest slot calculation procedure.  This procedure will take about 4 seconds.  If the procedure executes correctly, the following should be observed:

·The Trig 2 Signal run time value will display YES first, indicating the ECU detects a correct 4, 6 or 8 slot trigger signal.  If this value displays as NO during cranking, check sensor output and wiring.

·Trig 1 Signal runtime value will then display YES, indicating the ECU detects a correct 360 slot trigger signal.  If this value displays as NO during cranking, check sensor output and wiring.

·Finally the ECCS Sync runtime value will display YES when the process has finished.

·ECCS Widest Slot will change from zero to a value indicating the width of the slot (typically between 5 and 25).

13.If after 10 seconds of cranking the ECCS Widest Slot value is still zero, an error has occurred.  Recheck all trigger wiring and test the CAS output.  If this is OK, repeat the entire procedure.

14.If the process completed successfully, switch Test ECCS Sync to OFF.

15.Remembering that the Injection Mode is still set to OFF, crank the engine and check that a stable engine speed (RPM) is obtained and the value is consistent with a typical cranking speed.

16.Set Injection Mode back to the desired option.

17.If all is OK, perform a store to permanently save all settings to the ECU.

18.Set the base timing before attempting to start the engine (DO NOT JUST TRY STARTING THE ENGINE!).

On 1/25/2020 at 3:28 AM, Rossobianconero said:

The Nissan 360 Opto Trigger Mode is designed for use with Nissan optical Crank Angle Sensors (CAS) that have 360 evenly spaced slots and 4,6 or 8 different width slots.  Digital trigger decoding uses all of the 360 slots to achieve precise engine position calculation.

Of the 4, 6 or 8 slots, one will be wider than the others.  This Widest Slot is used by the ECU to determine the engines position in the firing order.  As the width of this slot varies depending on the exact CAS used, an automated setup procedure has been provided.

Setup Procedure:

Setup ECCS Trigger Decoding as follows (Read the entire process and ensure you understand before starting):

6.Under the Fuel heading, select Fuel Setup.  Set Injection Mode to OFF.  This will prevent the engine from starting.

8.Select Nissan 360 Opto as the Trigger Mode.  Note that this will initialise all trigger inputs to default values.  The default values are as follows:

·Trigger 1:

·Trigger 1 Pull up = ON

·Trigger 2:

·Trigger 2 Pull up = ON

9.Select the resolution mode.  Select Low Res Mode = ON for engines with aggressive cam shaft profiles or lightweight flywheels.  This will provide improved timing stability on engines that have large variations in CAS rotation speed per revolution.

10.Set Test ECCS Sync to ON.  This will put the ECU into a special mode where it will automatically calculate the position of the widest slot.  Note that in this mode the ECU will disable both fuel and ignition.  Enabling this function will also initialise the ECCS Widest Slot value to 0.

12.Crank the engine.  This will start the widest slot calculation procedure.  This procedure will take about 4 seconds.  If the procedure executes correctly, the following should be observed:

·The Trig 2 Signal run time value will display YES first, indicating the ECU detects a correct 4, 6 or 8 slot trigger signal.  If this value displays as NO during cranking, check sensor output and wiring.

·Trig 1 Signal runtime value will then display YES, indicating the ECU detects a correct 360 slot trigger signal.  If this value displays as NO during cranking, check sensor output and wiring.

·Finally the ECCS Sync runtime value will display YES when the process has finished.

·ECCS Widest Slot will change from zero to a value indicating the width of the slot (typically between 5 and 25).

13.If after 10 seconds of cranking the ECCS Widest Slot value is still zero, an error has occurred.  Recheck all trigger wiring and test the CAS output.  If this is OK, repeat the entire procedure.

15.Remembering that the Injection Mode is still set to OFF, crank the engine and check that a stable engine speed (RPM) is obtained and the value is consistent with a typical cranking speed.

18.Set the base timing before attempting to start the engine (DO NOT JUST TRY STARTING THE ENGINE!).

Hello, I have set the part you said, the Trig1, the 2 and the Eccs are all YES, and after the ignition timing is set, it still won't start, and it will fire the gun, sometimes it feels like it will start, but finally it won't start

Setup Procedure:

·Trigger 1:

·Trigger 1 Pull up = ON

·Trigger 2:

·Trigger 2 Pull up = ON

Hello, I have set the part you said, the Trig1, the 2 and the Eccs are all YES, and after the ignition timing is set, it still won't start, and it will fire the gun, sometimes it feels like it will start, but finally it won't start

Another problem is that when I set the ignition to be positive, my ignition timing lamp will not light up once it is turned on, and the crankshaft must be turned on several times before the lamp will light up. What is the problem

10 hours ago, Wang said:

One more question, if I want to abolish the MAF of my original car, shall I just leave the line unconnected?

what do you mean with line? you will just need a Map connected to the ecu, that I think in this case will be the onboard map of the Monsoon. To use MGP or MAP as load in the maps

the factory MAF can be left disconnected. It's not needed for the link. As stated you will need a MAP sensor connected - this can be the built in one in the monsoon, just run a hose from the manifold to the port on the monsoon.

its probably a narrow band sensor from factory .You *could* connect it, but all it will tell you is if you are running above or below lambda 1.0 at any given time. This is basically useless for tuning and was only there for emissions in the factory setup.

Excuse me, when I am with a calibration trigger setting lamp ignition timing fiducial mark, I'm going to Adjust the camshaft position sensor, until ignition timing light alignment to mark or to Adjust Adjust offset until lgnition timing matches the number above, because I have tried this two way but I'm not sure which one is correct, so want to excuse me everybody, sorry I'm new

It would be great to have video education,

There are 6x timing marks on the crank, -5, 0, +5, +10, +15 & +20. Pick one, probably +10 or +15 is easiest. paint it white so its easier to see if that helps.

Once you have chosen a mark and its easy to see, you can start on the ECU settings. Lets say you chose +15 degree mark. Set "lock timing to" to 15 degrees as well. Make sure your timing light is set to "0 advance" if it has an adjustment.

crank the engine and change the number in the "offset" box, then press enter after each change. The box will turn blue. Keep changing this offset number until the +15 mark is right under the pin that sticks out. Remember to press enter after each change. Dont worry about "delay" yet, you cant change that until the engine is running. Press the OK button.

Once you get the rest of your tune set up and can have the engine idle + rev up ok, go back into the calibration screen again with it idling, check that the mark is still under the pin. Rev the engine up to around 4-5k, if the mark moves a little bit, change delay by 10 or 20ms and try again until it doesnt move when revved.

My Ignition Timing is 0, so my Lock Ignition Timing is 0, and my Adjust offset until Ignition Timing matches the number above. Do you just arbitrarily set a number and try it out, or do you have a formula that you can calculate, and then how do you set + or -