Fury or thunder X

Slowgti

• 2 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 12:32 AM, Simon said:

Fury will be up on the web site as soon as it is.

Thunder is a much longer wait.

ok thanks for information

i will wait fury X for order

keep me in touch when is ready to order

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, Bud said:

Hello

some news for ecu Fury X will be availanle?

thanks

If I remember correctly in an other thread the guys mentioned that it is in production now and shortly should be available.

16 minutes ago, bradsm87 said:

I called Link on Thursday to get an ETA for the Fury and didn't get a call back. Now looking into the option of forking out the extra for an Emtron KV8.

If you want the new X-series I'd do the Xtreme and use a separate WB controller (CAN or Analog) what kind of car? whats it being used for? 

1 hour ago, Electredge said:

If you want the new X-series I'd do the Xtreme and use a separate WB controller (CAN or Analog) what kind of car? whats it being used for? 

I like the simplicity of having it all in one box. It'll be for a Nissan Patrol TB48DE turbo used for a bit of everything.

I think I'll just wait a bit longer. I had a good play with the Emtron and although more flexible in many ways, some of the things I want are easier done on the Link. I have confidence that with the new faster G4X hardware, that more new features will continue to come. The extra pairs of half bridge drivers I feel make the Emtron a little more future proof for things like electronic wastegates but cost is obviously a factor too.

On 6/23/2020 at 1:48 PM, bradsm87 said:

I think I'll just wait a bit longer. I had a good play with the Emtron and although more flexible in many ways, some of the things I want are easier done on the Link. I have confidence that with the new faster G4X hardware, that more new features will continue to come. The extra pairs of half bridge drivers I feel make the Emtron a little more future proof for things like electronic wastegates but cost is obviously a factor too.

I chased engineering last night to get a feel for what the delay was.  Most of the other G4X's ECU's we had quite a large stock of prior to all the covid stuff, but the Fury was just entering production at the start of it all.  The long shut down of most of the major electronics manufactures  (mostly China) and the consequent stockpiling that many of the large manufacturers done has caused worldwide extinction of several needed electronic components and a massive backlog for the component producers.  At the moment we are waiting in the cue like everyone else with no firm ETA sorry.  

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

I chased engineering last night to get a feel for what the delay was.  Most of the other G4X's ECU's we had quite a large stock of prior to all the covid stuff, but the Fury was just entering production at the start of it all.  The long shut down of most of the major electronics manufactures  (mostly China) and the consequent stockpiling that many of the large manufacturers done has caused worldwide extinction of several needed electronic components and a massive backlog for the component producers.  At the moment we are waiting in the cue like everyone else with no firm ETA sorry.  

No worries Adam and thanks for the update. I'm definitely excited for the G4X and what is still to come for it. I'll leave the ECU purchase right up until the car is nearly ready for first start and go from there. I may consider an Xtreme and CAN Lambda when the time comes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 8:35 AM, Adamw said:

I'm bowing out of the Link wait now sadly.

You really should consider switching to a manufacturer who can at least give you an ETA and regular updates if the ETA changes. The COVID excuse can only be pulled so many times. Every time I've called Link in the past 4 months, I've been told either 2 weeks or 3 weeks. After last time 2 weeks ago being told 2 weeks and today now it's 3 weeks from now, what will it be when I call in 3 weeks? 2 weeks again or maybe 3 weeks that time? The time after that etc etc.

22 minutes ago, Simon said:

If you can wait 1-2 days I can confirm they are in the NZ building now and going through burn in testing and will be shipping to the global warehouses soon after. 

Yeah that's fine. Can do. It was just hard to know if this 2 or 3 weeks is different to every other 2 or 3 weeks I've heard so if there is progress and it's not just the same no ETA from the manufacturer, then that's great news. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...