ID1300X - ID injector data supplied any good?

MagicMike

Hi all,

I currently use bosch 1650s, but I feel for my application they are just a bit too big. I kind of want my cake and also to eat it, in that my Z32 will mostly run on 98, but be flex tuned. In a previous life, this setup has made 600+rwhp on 98, so I'm looking near 700 in the end.

I've bought a set of ID1300X in the hope that they'll be just large enough at full beans on e85, but also perform well on 98 at idle/low load.

My question is to those that have plugged in ID injector data. How good was it? Turn key with some tweaks? Pulse adder/deadtime values good etc? I know I will have to redo my entire fuelling config which is ok, but is the data provided for link ecu's any good off the bat?

I have a super long drive in a few weeks (2000+kms), trying to decide if I should make the injector change before I go or not, as I am confident the current setup will be fine as I have spent a stack of road time on it. Cautious about making such a change with not much time to get it sorted. On the plus side, if I make the change I will get alot of data!

Any insights?

it seems to be OK, we had an alternator die at the track and the car still ran consistent AFR as the voltage dropped from 14V down to 10V.  If you've got a decent setup in the car currently I'd be inclined to leave it alone for the upcoming long drive though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 3/17/2020 at 12:35 PM, MagicMike said:

So I bit the bullet and changed them on Sunday anyway. Started up last night and they seem good at idle. Got some hrs to put in now before Easter trip. Assuming the world doesn't end before then of course.

Hey mate

I'm looking at putting in the same Injectors for the same reason as you.

Any more info on how it idles with 98?

3 hours ago, croboy said:

Hey mate

I'm looking at putting in the same Injectors for the same reason as you.

Any more info on how it idles with 98?

Replied to your PM.

Idle on 98 is good and AFR is well controllable (compared to 1650s). I like them, and the ID data works well.

1 hour ago, MagicMike said:

Replied to your PM.

Idle on 98 is good and AFR is well controllable (compared to 1650s). I like them, and the ID data works well.

Legend, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Really excited to see how mine idles when I get it back from the Tuners.

Hard to find posts about ID1300X idling on 98 fuel.