Mixture Map - Using Filters

Guest |202|

Guest |202|

Ray and Team, first off...the Mixture Map is such a cool feature. I love just driving for 30 minutes or so and not having to pile through huge logs to see small areas for improvment.

That being said, can you give us some info on the filters section and how to manage the conditional and transient filters.

I suspect the Mixture Map captures AFR regardless of what trims are in place (tip in / decel). Do the filters remove the trim values? What are they for?

Teach us.

The Conditional filters are for requirements steady state (not changing rapidly) that must be met.

The Transient filters to allow for changing values.

Some of the tuners out there might be willing to suggest some settings they use.

Guest |202|

I'm not looking for others to give me their settings, simply for an explanation of what each filter is intended to do. From there I'll play with it.

Are there plans to write a description of these funstions for the help?

Guest Simon Willis

I agree, I've looked for information before and couldn't find anything. Sometimes the filters don't seem to operate as I has expected. I remember once I was trying to filter out anywhere that revs were dropping (negative transient), so I added a filter for RPM > 0 rpm/s. It didn't seem to work. I can't recall exactly what happened. Maybe it filtered out everything. It's likely I don't understand the filters properly.

Guest |904|

Hi Guys,

I'll give you a rundown on exactly how the filters work.

Minimum Samples Filter - Sets the minimum amount of samples to be collected inside a cell before made visible on the map.

Active Zone Area - Sets the percentage of how close the sample must be to the middle of the zone. E.g. set to 50%; the rpm and load range is halved for any given cell.

Conditional Filters - Sets a condition to be met before a sample will be considered. E.g. ECT > 80.0 Units. When the ECT is over 80 degrees samples will be considered.

Transient Filters - Sets a transient condition that must be met before a sample will be considered. E.g. TP (Main) < 55 Units/Sec. When the throttle is changing by less than positive 55 units every second the sample will be considered. If you want to add a filter for negative transients you would do the following. TP(Main) > -55 Units/Sec (note the negative sign). It was designed this way to allow more flexible filtering (different thresholds for positive and negative transients).

One more important thing to note here is we are not using the TPS(Delta) runtime values, these numbers are already a calculated change. If you want to use these, they must be applied as a conditional filter. E.g. TPS(Delta) < 30. This will only consider samples the the TPS(Delta) runtime value is measuring less than 30.

There is a section in the help on setting this up. (You need to click the + symbol to expand the section on the actual setup). The page is located here: Navigation: Vi-PEC Tuning Software VX Users Manual > Logging Operating Procedures > Logging Views > Mixture Map

Hopefully this helps.