afew issues with IDLE electronic throttle - link fury - MAP inside

MichaelR32GTR

hello guys,

just after some help in regards to my idle running electronic throttle with link g4+ fury,

while I'm at cruise rpm and I clutch in to change gears, revs always jump up to 3500-4000rpm everytime I change gears.

and

coming to a stop at red lights and the cars still rolling, I clutch in to neutral and revs spike again high for atleast 4 seconds then settles to idle

I have attached my tune file if I can get any assistance with this matter, it would be much appreciated !

ps, could a vacuum leak cause this issue (I'm running map sensor not air flow meters)

michael gtr tune1.pclr

I took the car out before, was at warm operating temps (car was sitting for an hour or so) went to drive off and came to a stop and the car was hunting erratically between 2000-4000rpm for about 5-10mins until it got to full operating temp and then the erratic hunting stopped, during these 5-10mins of driving driveability was abit weird aswell until it went away, 

looking at my digital dash TPS wasn’t changing during the hunting issue, map and afrs were

i have a video I’m trying to attach but it’s too large....

Ok, the first thought I have is throttle position is not tracking target well, it is quite slow.  Try increaseing your E-throttle proportional gain from the current 6.0 to 8 (drop back to 7 if it becomes unstable) and and try increaseing the integral to 0.1 or 0.15. 

I think I would also remove 0.5% from these cells in the idle base pos table to make it look like this:

r2ENvFn.png

Then do another log.  It will likely still need a few other changes.

ok so drove the car today, a little better overall, I don't mind a very small amount of rev hang between gears but it still needs more work,

also after a 30min drive I gave it a little hit in second gear and came to a stop and revs were hunting, then rev hang between gears was worse, I captured this briefly in the attached log,

changed made was:

proportional gain- 7

integral gain- 0.145

and in idle base position table I changed setting from 70 ECT to 140 ECT to 0 as you mentioned above

thanks

log11.llg

FYI

looking at my old vipec v88 settings before I changed to link fury 

and the electronic throttle settings were

proportional gain: 5.00

integral gain: 0.145

derivative gain: 25.00

never had any issues in the past with the vipec 

Any other recommendations as to what can be changed to get rid of this annoying issue, please let me know

thanks admin !

I tried the above settings from my old vipec ecu and that was horrible 

currently at 

P: 8

I: 0.145

D: 40%

drives much better there

i notice  when I come to a stop and revs increase sometimes, TPS is showing 6 sometimes even 7

but my e throttle 1 target at that rpm is 5

Ok, the throttle control is much better now.  I want to try making the first row of your E-throttle table into something a bit more normal now.  Can you change the red cells to match this example and do another log.  It may stall a bit more often with this adjustment but we will probably be able to fix that later with idle ignition.  

Can you also change the idle speed control RPM lockout to 300RPM.

These changes may not improve things initially but since Im not there to see & feel it how it responds live, I need you to try this stuff so I can look at the logs to see if we are heading in the right direction or not.

j4zG5eP.png

good day

I made the above changes and got a log, man this high idle between gear changes and neutral is bad

also there was no stalling with the changes made

see log

after that log I changed proportional gain to 10 to see how it would behave and its better but still there

current settings in that log are:

P: 10.00

I: 0.145

D: 40.00

could a vacuum leak on the intake plenum cause this or running a MAP sensor won’t cause any issues like air flow meters would ?

log4.llg

Can you update to the latest firmware (5.6.7).  The E-throttle ISC offset is not working how I expect it to, I remember there was a bug related to that sometime ago that was fixed so this may be related.  Can you do another log after doing that, with no other changes. 

so i did the firmware update to 5.6.7 and went for a drive, problem solved !! no more hunting idle, no more high random idle, just nice perfectly smooth gear changes and I can actualy enjoy driving the car again !

I have a log to show you (LOG8) that its all fixed, but I did before the log change Proportional Gain to 7, yesterday it was at 10 while testing, both 10 and 7 had identical results with perfect driveability today

second log (LOG9), Idle when coming to a stop is a abit low (used to be 1100ish rpm before now sometimes drops under 1000) and hunts alittle then eventualy settles 

should I put all settings back to how they were originaly before we made changes ? 

thanks again !!

log8.llg log9.llg

29 minutes ago, MichaelR32GTR said:

would a lower number in the top row (for idle) mean lower idle rpm ?

It looks like it needs about 3.3% TP to hit the normal 1050RPM idle (with fan on), but with the current table it was pulling 4.4% from the target table, +0.5% for the fan step, so the closed loop trim was pulling -1.6% out to acheive the idle target.  When you drive off this CL trim is stored so that next time you enter idle conditions the throttle should be sitting in a position that is somewhere close to where it needed to be to achieve the correct idle last time.  I suspect this -1.6% trim when it is entering idle conditions is possibly contributing to the dip below target when coming to a stop.  I might be wrong but you usually need to experiment with a few variables to see where the main influence is coming from. We may end up having to increase those top left hand cells back to closer to were they where but its best not to change too much at once.

Also, just noticed the ISC proportional gain is quite low, can you bump that up to 1.0 as well.