Code 14 EVO 5 link G4 Pnp

vadia

hi there guys. I have built another harness for my evo and everything works fine but im getting a code 14 AN Volt 2 below error low value. I understand that the MAP is at 0V/GND.

I initially thought i made a mistake in the wiring so i connected the map sensor to the expansion connector to AN Volt 6. The issue still remains. this leads me to believe maybe the MAP sensor is faulty but it is brand new. I have looked at the fault settings and everything looks alright. error high = 4.95V error low is 0.05V and error value is 100Kpa. is there something i am over looking?

kind regards

So you where getting fault code 14, but now you have turned off AN Volt 2, and connected the MAP to AN 6.  Are you getting fault code 26 now?  The onboard MAP sensor is normally on AN Volt 1 on the Evo4-8 plug-in - Are you not using the on-board sensor?

To diagnose, If you temporarily set the AN V 6 error low to 0.0V and error high to 5.0V, then it wont go into fault condition so you can then go to the runtimes screen analog tab, and see the actual voltage coming in to AN V6.  If it is somewhere close to 0V then you have a wiring or sensor problem.

"So you where getting fault code 14, but now you have turned off AN Volt 2, and connected the MAP to AN 6.  Are you getting fault code 26 now?  The onboard MAP sensor is normally on AN Volt 1 on the Evo4-8 plug-in - Are you not using the on-board sensor?"

Correct. I was getting code 14. i suspected there may be a fault in my wiring so i switched to the AN V 6 which is off the expansion connector (using expansion connector +5V and gnd) to confirm if my wiring was the culprit. i then did receive code 26. I do not have an onboard map sensor, i am using an external Link 4 bar map sensor.

"To diagnose, If you temporarily set the AN V 6 error low to 0.0V and error high to 5.0V, then it wont go into fault condition so you can then go to the runtimes screen analog tab, and see the actual voltage coming in to AN V6.  If it is somewhere close to 0V then you have a wiring or sensor problem."

I will try this tomorrow. I will also re pin MAP to AN V1 and see if that works. I didnt really think using other AN V input channels would make a difference. Runtime values suggest no issue with the 5v supply and i am also running an oil/fuel pressure sensors which are working as they should. I seriously hope the sensor is not faulty as it is brand new.

kind regards