CANBUS settings??

Adzn3k

Hi guys,

With the current lockdown giving me too much time on my hands I've decided to work my way through the stuff i have on the 'I'll do it one day' shelf haha.

Anyway I'm currently running a Plug in link g4+, I have an AEM X wideband connected via canbus and it works great. I have planned to utilise the canbus more by adding an ECU master egt to can and also an AEMnet Canbus gauge.

i would like to use the egt to monitor the 4 cylinders 

and the AEM gauge to display the following info: OIL TEMP, OIL PRESSURE, MGP and IAT.

I have searched and have looked in the help file to put the settings but as its all new to me i'd just like someone with more experience using canbus to have a look over to see if I'm barking up the right tree lol.

Ive attached what ive done so far

canbus settings.pclr

they will all be connected using a hub thats being made as we speak that will have termination resistors available on a switch

The AEMnet runs at 500K so I have changed your can speed to match.  All devices connected to the same bus must run at the same speed.    The ECU master runs at 1Mb/s by default but can be re-programmed to run at 500k, so you will have to do that. It is fairly simple, just download their software and connect with USB.  

I have attached your tune with the AEMnet stuff done.  MAP/MGP may be off by 100kpa.  In the AEMnet documentation it says "MAP" is sent as absolute pressure as you would expect, but in the AEMNET gauge documentation it suggests "MAP" reads in gauge pressure.  So you will have to try it and see.

canbussettingsXX.pclr

Cheers for the help. I was concerned that I'd have too many things going through canbus. Am I pushing it now or is there still room for any more for instance if I wanted to use the other 4 egt sensors? 

The AEMnet uses a lot of different ID's (for instance 1 whole slot/stream is used up just for oil temp) so that sucks up your 6 CAN slots quickly but you've still got enough room for another device on CAN1.  Then another 6 on CAN2.