Bosch E throttle settings & wiring

whifbitz

Hi guys,

Does anyone have E throttle settings for a Bosch 76mm drive by wire throttle?

Also wiring info would be good, we’ve wired up as per the manual but getting an Error 5: TPS main movement zero when trying to do the E throttle setup. 

any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

I've wired one up fine, 82mm though. 

Just using the Altezza e-throttle settings for now, havent fine tuned.

But first things I would check, are if you move the throttle plate by hand, does the TPS signal move? 

When it does the calibration, does the throttle plate move on its own, or not? 

I'd say the situations you need to look for, are TPS signals not working or maybe the polarity of the motor control wires are back to front. 

26 minutes ago, Adamw said:

As far as I remember the E-throttle relay wont work on a virtual aux.  Can you move it to one of the spare auxes and try again.

We haven't fitted a relay, I was under the assumption that it will work without one if its set as a virtual aux?

As far as I remember a virtual aux is not acceptable for e-throttle relay as it is designed to be a mandatory safety feature.  It will only take you 10seconds to turn off the virtual aux and set one of your spare auxes to e-throttle relay to test so I suggest you just try.  

Although it will work without a physical relay wired, it would be strongly recommended to fit one.

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

As far as I remember a virtual aux is not acceptable for e-throttle relay as it is designed to be a mandatory safety feature.  It will only take you 10seconds to turn off the virtual aux and set one of your spare auxes to e-throttle relay to test so I suggest you just try.  

Although it will work without a physical relay wired, it would be strongly recommended to fit one.

Ok we tried it on aux 11 and still the same. 

Ok, I dont see much else wrong.  In the log you can see the E-throttle motor output go all the way from -90% to +70% DC with no movement so I would be checking wiring next.

Is your throttle wired like this?:

BKP3Cfp.png

If you touch battery power on to the motor pins does the throttle blade move?