MERC w202/w210 DBW SENSOR/CABLE

Gsab

Mercedes W202/w210 .DBW pedal sensor with cable

Does any one have the details for the plug connection for this type of sensor please.

I have seen it somewhere, have searched on the forum but have come up empty.

Thanks,

]

Edit to add: Found what I was looking for-posting here for Forums members .

• 4 months later...

Need some help here please. I just can`t get around the hall setup here.

Firstly, does this type of sensor only have one 5v in, which in this case would be USP1 (pin 1)-silly question but I need direction here. Is pin 4 not connected or is it "part" of pin 1 and so also needing a 5v in ? The diagram shows a common 5V in-supply. Measuring the sensor I have a true TPS resistive half but the other part does not measure the same as the first.

Second issue I`m having is the 2.5v output .Do I simply set up the An V in to a range of 0 to 2.5 V ? How would the ECU interpret this vs 2 varying 5 V values ? Do I simply leave the input as a - to 5v in ?

8 hours ago, Gsab said:

does this type of sensor only have one 5v in, which in this case would be USP1 (pin 1)

Yes.

8 hours ago, Gsab said:

Is pin 4 not connected or is it "part" of pin 1 and so also needing a 5v in ?

The drawing is incorrect or not clear since it shows 6 pin numbers but only 5 pins.  Since all other pin numbers are to the left of the pin I would say the most likely interpretation would be Pin 4 is SP2S and pin 2 is the one with no connection.  

8 hours ago, Gsab said:

Second issue I`m having is the 2.5v output .Do I simply set up the An V in to a range of 0 to 2.5 V ? How would the ECU interpret this vs 2 varying 5 V values ? Do I simply leave the input as a - to 5v in ?

It will work fine.  You dont need to enter any voltages, just hit the AP calibration and follow the instructions on screen.

• 1 month later...

Started my install as you can see by the naming of it in April.

Got the above Mercedes AP module working great, calibrated, I used Adams generic settings as per the new Layout files he so graciously supplied.(Thanks for those)

Throttle wired in, calibrates, and then it sits and buzzes. Cannot get the AP to activate the t/b at all.

Not in on mode nor in setup made.

Switch dbw off and manually activate the throttle body blade and the Tps voltages work as expected.

Relay wired in as required, working as intended.

2 days of checking why sure makes that cable t/b look attractive ! :-)

I have attached the PCL file that I am using, please note the the relay has been moved from AUX 16 to AUX 8 and worked as intended.

Any help as to why the t/b will not activate would be most welcome.

Could you attach a log of everything powered up with accelerator pedal being moved please

Actually one quick note is that you have it set to Quiet throttle when stalled so if you are testing with the engine off the throttle won't move. You also have an ethrottle fault recorded so not a bad idea to clear your fault codes and see if that returns.

Capture.PNG

Hi Vaughn, thanks for the response. As requested, Logfile. Changes made  as per your suggestion.

Please note that I have changes e-throttle relay form a high to a low activation as well. Wired in changes.

As mentioned, AP and T/B calibrate perfectly, 500hz buzzing heard from t/b.

Switching e-throttle off and manually deflecting the plate, reads t/p high and low as required.

In your log your E-throttle target shows 8.7% all the time.  3.2% is coming from the idle base position and 5.5% from the E-throttle target table. 

So it appears there is something wrong with your E-throttle target table, you have an axis set up wrong or something.  Can you attach the map as it is now - as it seems it is different than the one you attached above. 

Your deduction is spot on Adam, I have just changed the Target table to table # 3 and it all works perfectly.

I have not yet looked at the contents of table # 3.

Target table 1 and 2 do not work.

I am attaching both my pcl and log file.

Learning long and hard here.....

Thank you.

I suspect there is not something initialised correctly in the background for table one.  Sometimes this can happen when you first set something up and you choose "no" when you get the message "do you want to clear the * table and set the axis to default values".  

So try turning E-throttle mode to off, then back to set up mode, it should ask you again if you want to clear table 1, choose yes.  Then I suggest if you dont want the X axis like your old set-up, then go into axis set-up and set it to none.